Friday, May 30, 2008
No it did not go out with a bang but in a quiet whisper.
This place has so many happy and sad memories for me as a few of us got together it was very nostalgic mostly bare, closing down.
The stage empty music fading looking at old photos of our times there
.......It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was................
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
- Emperor Meiji [about Katsumoto]: Tell me how he died.
- Nathan Algren: I will tell you how he lived.
Academy Award-winning director Sydney Pollack, a Hollywood mainstay who achieved commercial success and critical acclaim with the gender-bending comedy "Tootsie" and the period drama "Out of Africa, has died. He was 73.
"Sydney Pollack has made some of the most influential and best-remembered films of the last three decades,
the list goes on and and on to a man who contributed so much to the industry that makes people like u and me watch in amazement
Amongst Sydney Pollack credits click here.
The Firm (1993)
Out of Africa (1985)
Absence of Malice (1981)
Three Days of the Condor (1975)
The Way We Were (1973)
"The Fugitive" (1 episode, 1964)
- Man on a String (1964) TV episode
"Breaking Point" (1 episode, 1963)
- Solo for B-Flat Clarinet (1963) TV episode
"The Defenders" (1 episode, 1963)
- Kill or Be Killed (1963) TV episode
"The Tall Man" (2 episodes, 1962)
- Phoebe (1962) TV episode
- Rio Doloroso (1962) TV episode
Michael Clayton (2007) (producer)
The Interpreter (2005) (executive producer)
The Quiet American (2002) (executive producer)
Iris (2001/I) (executive producer)
The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) (executive producer)
Random Hearts (1999) (producer)
Sense and Sensibility (1995) (executive producer)
Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993) (executive producer)
The Firm (1993) (producer)
Havana (1990/I) (producer)
The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989) (executive producer)
Bright Lights, Big City (1988) (producer)
Out of Africa (1985) (producer)
Tootsie (1982) (producer)
Absence of Malice (1981) (producer)
Made of Honor (2008) .... Thomas Bailey Sr.
Michael Clayton (2007) .... Marty Bach
"The Sopranos" .... Warren Feldman (1 episode, 2007)
- Stage 5 (2007) TV episode .... Warren Feldman
The Interpreter (2005) (uncredited) .... Jay Pettigrew
... aka Interprète, L' (France)
Changing Lanes (2002) .... Stephen Delano
The Majestic (2001) (voice) .... Studio Executive
Random Hearts (1999) .... Carl Broman
Eyes Wide Shut (1999) .... Victor Ziegler
A Civil Action (1998) .... Al Eustis
"Mad About You" .... Dr. Sydney Warren (1 episode, 1998)
- Cheating on Sheila (1998) TV episode .... Dr. Sydney Warren
"Frasier" .... Holden Thorpe (1 episode, 1994)
- The Candidate (1994) TV episode (voice) .... Death Becomes Her (1992) (uncredited) .... E.R. Doctor
Tootsie (1982) (uncredited) .... George Fields
So here I am in the office by 7ish and no brownie point or quickies for coming in early, it nice and relaxing but I got to strategies over the long term. Come Q3 with the new office location, I may need to relocate hmmmmmmm
“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family”
“You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.”
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY UNCLE SIVA & RATHI MAMI (CIKGU)
This is my uncle in UN, a man I admire and respect a lot, he is based in Switzerland and I still rememebr being a 6 year old at his wedding making funny faces and today at his 29th Anniversary my junior is making funny faces lol like father like son.
They are form my dad's side and had come down coz my aunt had just passed away. I last saw him 4 years ago and was nice to sit down and talk with him and share things. He is one fo the few people I can relate to and if there is ever an epitome of patience, humbleness and kindness he would be it.
I was so happy to see him again and as usualy he asked me to come visit him in Geneva the same offer like when he was in India nice
it was fun and nice to meet family members and distant relatives, people who stand up and come to greet you with a smile when you walk into a restaurant
hahahaha granted I know a thing or two bout conducting weddings and funerals I rarely step into the spotlight unless asked for. Not coz I got ego or proud or lazy to assist but its usually the elderly people so called well versed in these rituals whio will lead these thing, well you can say its a sign of respect.
Over time such rituals, tradition, ceremonies, have evolved into god know how many millions version each claiming
My philosophy = as long ur comfortable with what ur doing and you can explain proceed!!
I was put on the spot light when asked to comments on ritual and why such events or ceremonies take place that even left the priest dumbfounded. Its just a matter of being humble and keep asking why?
On the back foot such wedding and funerals where the family comes together and I got a whacky one on my dad's side, we are all wierd in our ways but funerals being us together but it becomes a train out of control when all start professing how close we should become and visit and stay over bla bla bla
One rule: keep a safe distance with family, you love them and they love you just dun act like you own them lol
Monday, May 26, 2008
I clocked between Friday to Sunday night 1487km
Friday was my trip to PNG despite some big bus probs arrived safely for the 31st day ceremony with 2 hours sleep went to the seaside and completed the house prayers with, then it was a Sat evening drive from PNG-KL-Kuantan for an inlaw wedding ceremony that I gladly give a miss if it was not for the fact my mum and son were attending and more importantly junior vadai taking part.
Senior vadai for all his ego cannot just brush it aside can he... all for the sake of junior vadai hahaha
Sunday evening was Kuantan-KL-Klang leaving me dead tired
Snap shots of the 31st day prayers
Breakfast at Vistana Kuantan
Good times at TC with Junior Vadai
Friday, May 23, 2008
I head it over the radio a while back and was impressed, initially I did not realize it was a Malaysian song on the 1st 2 verses then after the riff I head the malay chinese and indian verses.
Damm good Damm Proud Who are they?? its got pete teo wiht adlin, awie, resh monu, jaclyn a big big cast
pete was juggling tomatoes.
bored. so he telephoned a few friends. “how about getting together to make an anti-racism national unity song and music video?” all said yes without hesitation. not because pete threatened them with a sharp and rusty knife. but only because they love malaysia.
tony fernandes . maya karin . harith iskander . singletrackmind . stephen chua . izzy mohamed . shebby singh . nell ng . mak wai hoo . mak wai hoo . badri ibrahim . chan fong . mark teh . kamal sabran . sharifah amani . ng choo seong . pang khee teik . jerome kugan . january low . amber chia . nick lee . liang you cheng . muid latif . chong ji ann . ida nerina . muhamad safwan . anissa abd aziz . fadly sabran . danny one . nurhanim khairudin . joe loy . ho yuhang . yasmin ahmad . all the singers & project volunteers
HERE IN MY HOME
Hold on brother hold on
The road is long. We’re on stony ground
But I’m strong. You ain’t heavy
Oh there’s a misspoken truth that lies
Colors don’t bind, oh no.
What do they know? They speak falsely.
Here in my home
I’ll tell you what its all about
There’s just one hope here in my heart
One love undivided
That’s what it’s all about
Please won’t you fall in one by one by one with me?
Push back sister won’t you push back?
Love won’t wait. Just keep pushing on.
Yes I’m strong. You ain’t heavy.
Oh don’t you worry about that…
What we have shadows can’t deny
Don’t you know it’s now or never?
Bertubi asakan berkurun lamanya
Hati ke depan mencari yang sayang
translation: Years of fears and years of tribulation
The heart keeps searching for that endless devotion
phonetics: shou qian shou da jia yi qi zou
wo dai biao hua ren kai kou wei lai jiu mei you diu zou
translation: Hand in hand we’ll march like blood brothers
I speak for my people we’ll find peace forever
இந்த பயணம் பயணம்.. என் வெற்றி தாகம்,
அந்த கனா காலம்.. நம் வெற்றி ராகம்,
phonetics: inthe payanam payanamm yen vettri thaagam
anthee kaana kaalam naam vetri raagam...nanba nanba
translation: May the road ahead quench my thirst for success
May the road behind echo a song of the blessed
Yes I feel it in my bones and I will let it be known
No matter where I roam this is home sweet home
- Words & Music by Pete Teo featuring rap by KLG Sqwad & Altimet
- Reprinted by permission. © 2008 Redbag Music. All Rights Reserved.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Talk about a rollercoster of emotions
Result so far
|LFC 4-2 Arsenal||3160|
|LFC 8-0 Besiktas||574|
|LFC 2-0 Inter Milan||238|
|Marseille 0-4 LFC||151|
|Inter Milan 0-1 LFC||108|
|LFC 6-0 Derby County||75|
|Everton 1-2 LFC||57|
|LFC 5-2 Havant & W||37|
|LFC 4-1 FC Porto||28|
|Newcastle 0-3 LFC||27|
|Aston Villa 1-2 LFC||24|
|LFC 1-0 Everton||19|
|LFC 1-1 Chelsea||18|
|LFC 4-0 West Ham||16|
|LFC 3-0 Newcastle||14|
|Reading 2-4 LFC||6|
|LFC 4-0 Bolton||2|
|Sunderland 0-2 LFC||2|
|Bolton 1-3 LFC||1|
|LFC 2-2 Tottenham||1|
2. Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?
3. If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
4. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
5. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
6. Why the man who invests all your money called a broker?
7. If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to Make terrible?
8. Why is it called building when it is already built?
9. If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?
10. If you're not supposed to drink and drive, then why do Bars have parking lots?
11. If you take an Oriental person and spin him around Several times, does he become disoriented?
12. If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?? Human ???
Monday, May 12, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
flash back to few favorite moments
1) Indy shooting the expert swordsman in “Raiders of the Lost Ark”: have to say this moment was pure genius.
2) “The Last Crusade” when Indy tells his captors that they’ll never find Marcus Brody because Marcus is a master of 10 languages, knows how to blend into cultures and disappear… yadda yadda yadda… and then the camera cuts to Marcus totally lost and confused in a busy marketplace asking people if they speak English. I HOWLED at that… still do after seeing it 30 times.
3) most intense moments in Last Crusade that still leaves me on the edge of my seat is when Indy comes face to face with Hitler. Then Hitler takes the book and autographs it and hands it back.
4) The mine cart escape from the “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”. This was a fun and intense chase and a really creative and new spin on the ‘car chase’ angle instead making it be mine carts on tracks.
5) The snake pit in “Raiders of the Lost Ark”: Humanizing Indie and showing what really scares him was funny and effective in really bringing the human element to Indiana Jones.
6) Or one in “Last Crusade” Where its revealed to us that Indiana’s real name is Junior and Indiana was the name of the Jones’s dog lol.
7) In ‘Last Crusade’ when enemy fighter plane is straffing Indy and his dad on the beach, and Indy can’t think of anything to do. Indy’s pop pulls out his umbrella and sends all the seagulls into the air, destroying the plane.
Indy looks at his dad with a newfound respect and he’s sorry he had underestimated his abilities. The look on his face is priceless. Sean connery follows with ‘I remembered my Charlamagne, Let my army be the birds of the sky….yadda yadda’
As we rapidly approach May 22nd and the release of the long awaited Indiana Jones movie,
IMAX baby IMAX
Saturday, May 03, 2008
And she'd turn my day around
A girl with those eyes could stare through the lies
And see what your heart was saying
Think of Laura but laugh don't cry
I know she'd want it that way
When you think of Laura laugh don't cry
I know she'd want it that way
A friend of a friend a friend till the end
That's the kind of girl she was
Taken away so young
Taken away without a warning
I know you and you're here
In everyday we live
I know her and she's here
I can feel her when I sing
Hey Laura where are you now
Are you far away from here
I don't think so
I think you're here
Taking our tears away
Friday, May 02, 2008
A bridge too far to Moscow
'We gave it absolutely everything and I was as proud to be captain of the team last night, as I have ever been.
'Even after going behind we kept on fighting and looking to get back into the game and when we managed to do that it looked like we could even go on and win it.
'It was not to be, but not for a lack of effort. You have to give Chelsea credit, they are a good side - you do not get through to European Cup finals unless you are.'