Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pink Triangle

In my younger gun ho days I used to support it directly and indirectly.. I have found so many devoted people working to fight such a hard battle. A while ago someone that I knew... who worked tirelessly had secummbed and passed on...I know this is life this is the way we all live and die.. ....

As I arrived to his home... a fair amount of people sitting out under tents, and near by trees as shadows provided by them.. as I was ushered in circling a simple casket that stood upon two small stools. As I looked down I realized that this was picture that would be forever etched into my mind. A skinny man, with sunken cheeks, and the insence stick smell the numbs ur mind....the ceremonied proceeded as tradition would have it...the men began to cover the casket closed.

There was a ladies that bitch of his passing caused by ‘the virus.... burned me within... I approached them lashed my tongue out at them for their gossiping. Embarassed the slipped out of the house... I was boiling...

There was a feeling of sadness and despair that swept over us. This man was one of many that was neglected by family and friends because of his ‘class’, When he had money all these so called relatives, so called blooded falimies we all around gim and now he was gone and there was only one woman who wailed. She threw herself on the grave and wept and wept. My heart ached for this woman who had lost a friend.

The point of this story is not that this man had no friends, or that AIDS had taken his life. The point is tell you that this day I was sad. I shed a tear. He dies lonely no family, only frens,

We all talk the talk but we dun walk the walk

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear abt ur fren Vadai

Not all are like that

there are some who do walk the walk and talk the talk

i am one
i know another

to know they are TRUE or not to their conviction watch them when life tests them. circumstances reveals a man...we might stumple a little to find the balance but end of day did he stand up for what he believed in - thats the ultimum.

I would have carried and buried him with my own hands giving him the dignity & respect he deserves - if all he had left was me. - some will say its drama - to some its the reality of life caurage to stand up for what u believe in and who u believe in.

Svejjen said...

urgh.

Makes me think of the 4 funerals I attended over CNY.

So saddifying.

Angie Siew said...

I am sorry to hear this Vadai... I hope, pray and wish he rest in peace... *hugs*

darthvadai said...

life goes on

it tries ot teach us lessons all around us but it does go on, the question is do we learn from it

Reta said...

hypocrites suck.

naraknas said...

My condolance to the family and friends...