Friday, March 25, 2011

It may all be gone tomorrow



Make time, take time, make a plan, say the words you want to say look around you, drink it all in, appreciate what you have coz it may all be gone tomorrow.

We are influenced directly and indirectly by events around us, no matter if it is your birthday, the passing away of a relative, earthquakes and tsunamis in Japan, either one or all will effect you. The problem with that, is with people in general, coz all of this is a phase, while its still an issue its at the front of your mind and you will feel it then it fades away. Maybe that's why they say grasp the iron while it is hot.

I appreciate life, no no i aint gonna be a vegan or roll temple to temple ( no disrespect) but I do appreciate life, I want to live to the fullest I can, try all that I can within my financial and physical capabilities as I grew up not having such opportunities. I do not forget my obligations to my son, my mom and my friends. My junior is my pride and joy, while we may not share the same page but we have loads of fun, I try to mask the challenges of life and the problems that emerge from the functionality of a family but he will soon have to learn and adapt to the real truths that I shield him from.

Still I love him like no other I can only say this, you got to be a DAD to know what it is like to love your son.. its different from a daughter.. (I do wish I had a daughter too but that chapter is closed)

I sometimes wish I has the patience and forgiveness that my mom has but i am not cut that way... my ball game is I will take what ever you can dish out then no more.. I dun visit back the same chapter twice... life goes on... my dad used to say I had no feet till I met a man with no shoes.. why i say that is no matter what challanges and hurdles life throws at me I can live with hope or illusion or physiological advantage someone out there got it more worse then me. When facing the dad to day challenges of life and family and finance and friends I often re-visit the quote I heard in the TV series West Wing President Bartlet "...every time we think we've measured our capacity to meet a challenge we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless..."

I knew my father the first 7 years of my life then in bits and pieces and come the end of the month it will be 22 years since he passed on and I still remember that train ride alone to Kluang, I would never forgive my Uncle for that singular moment anyway that for another blog.

Again I wish I could forgive easily but some things are not meant to be forgiven, its not the end of the world if you dont forgive just move on but dun forget. Its a crime when you keep revisiting that incident and harping on it.

Tomorrow it may all go away, true but I live today for today, I have good frens, so so fren, and enemies, before I look for imperfections with them I know my imperfections.... it never easy but I take a positive spin on it. It may not be easy for my friends to understand me but make a point to understand them, for the latter is far more better weight to carry.

I love my friends to bits, at time I may not hit the right notes with them and vice versa but thats what friendship is all about. It about taking their punches and not complaining about it, To quote a fren who share a table with me after last night hockey "at 4.30am I got a call from India my father had died I had to bring the body back, I called my friends and all offered to help, one guy just said, Dont worry, I will handle the body back to KL, and he delivered" withing 24 hours the body was back and not a single compliant or bitching.

The true testament of friendship it being there for them rolling thru the punches and stepping aside when you know its time to let go.... not about advertising your mile stones with them

Never forget humility and mannerism, never forget where you came from and never forget your friends birthdays... however insignificant as it may, I make it a point to remember birthdays, anniversaries, significant moments in their lives, I do it again and again for it may all be gone tomorrow




to quote the lyrics of a song

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best

Because after all, you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
Things you told him all along
Pray to God he hears you
And pray to God he hears you

And where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice

You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things:
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came

2 comments:

Kevin Ong said...

DV, you're one special individual,,,, full of soul, if you're a singer you'd be like James Brown...full of soul
God bless you and blessed us with you around in your blog.

Live and let live... in honour of your dad. Peace my friend

Jazziejay said...

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate to break down the garden gate
There's not much time left today

Life is a highway
I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I want to drive it all night long

Through all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love you now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the hands
From Mozambique to those Memphis nights
The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lights
Knock me down get back up again
You're in my blood I'm not a lonely man

There's no load I can't hold
Road so rough, this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Tell 'em we're survivors

There was a distance between you and I
A misunderstanding once but now
We look it in the eye

There ain't no load that I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Tell 'em we're survivor