Saturday, September 30, 2006
Friday - By the time I had arrived there it was too late, after it was buka puasa time since traffic was a bit heavy so most of the food had dissapeared from the trays. For those who have not been to buka puasa buffets, usually people come early to take their food and wait for the buka puasa time hence if you are late, most of the nice stuff is gone. So don't be late....
Talking bout food, there was ayam masak merah, beef sambal, fried grilled fish, various ulams and gulai nangka. The kuih spread was awesome....burp!!! The Nasi kerabu was mouth wateringcontinous flow of syrup got I had teh Halia pun... It was nice to see Jules, Azman & gang and especially Veni, I miss this bunch, Veni like over 4 years and I finally got her number again.
After the dinner feeling very very VERY full lol...
So after buka puasa (yummyyyyyy) I was heading home when Commie buzzed me to come to Beach and offer to buy me a drink, incidently XXiee and Comie had a bet going if I would show up. Ironically Commie betting I would not come kept smsing me to come and keep him company, XXiee however was betting I would show up. In the end XXiee won and I inherited a bottle of beer. After a while I went to sit on the stage and kept being bumped, hit on and danced around. I guess Commie was jelouse as his 1st GRO encounter ended up giving him a heart attack. Ah moi was dancing with the Ah Beng and the way both of them dancing hand the dance floor had to clear wakakakaka
Still I think the best fun was had by me and Commie. Hey I won a free bottle of beer. Probably should bring Azman and Veni here after the festivals with Raven and a few new kaki.
Oh yeah Sample of head banging
Friday, September 29, 2006
no meh this is the speaking speaking lingo all guys should come to grips with
When Sir Walter Scott wrote those words nearly 200 years ago, but its a quotation about deceit...As children, we are told that lies are bad. We are not told why. It is a rule to be followed, not questioned. The truth is that no one follows the rule all the time. We are all economical with the truth from time to time, whether to conceal a plan for a surprise party, to avoid revealing our true feelings on your friends cooking, and yet the repercussions are so much greaters.
Who amongst us have not lied! Good on you! I have not ashamed to say I have, for better or for worse. As humans, we rely on truthful information to make rational decisions about our lives. We also rely on lies to progress forward. "Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive" wrote Sir Walter Scott. Quite true, but the web weaved by truth may be even more damaging. The key problem is identifying, explaining and justifying the circumstances when deception is preferable to honesty.
Hemmingway did not tell a single lie in order to cloud the truth. Like him, we also can by using creative use of the English language, deliberately blurred the distinction between truth and a lie. Thats life out there. We read, we see, and we life with lies and deception all around us the only difference is the magnitute of that deception, small, big, major till someone would commit suicide?
Oh yeah Oct 14 comes around again
Tuesday was a blast as I met Jeya after a long time after a dinner semi interview, while it was nice to catch up on all times it was also prudent to know what the real objectives was. A job!!! or rather part time job lol. I would not mind being her body guard lol. I had to thank xxxie for direction for Portugese food but in the end it was a cosy western dinner and a brief chat bout the task at hand. Lovely company, free from the shackles and probing question letting live my life my way. I learn a hockey team mate of mind had dies of an overdose a few days ago and that hit me like a rock. Giva was a nice guy but I would never learns why he did what he did and the bugger was supposed to get married in Jan. Go Figure!!!
Wednesday after a buka puasa session we adjourned, my knee was killing me so I took a jab to relief, the inflamtion keeps coming up. I received a shock news a a fren;s kid was in hosp but when I come to realize why I understood. Kidds at that age then to put their hand everywhere and put things in the mouth which can lead to a virus attack. A chatter named Jedi had come down, I skipped. A couple of chatter went to meet as I stayed at home nursing my knee.
Thursday SOS at work - same old shit. The biggest difficulties at work is trying to chaggne people ot owrk in a system, expecially new staff and dayly I been growing white hair in trying to shape. Like it or not it lands on my head as I handle the tenders the quotes and the back office. I stopped by Citibank and bought some kuih for buka puasa and headed home. (Pics to follow
I had a facination for watching from Tamil movies at home and feasted my self to "Aathi Parasakti" "Karnan" & "Minsara Kanavu". Got at sms to joing a fren for a mamak in KLCC, skipped it, weather they belived the reason why I skipped it or not did not matters.
Time to hit the sack, to hell with poeple that assume.
Friday - Buka Puasa Corporate
Saturday - Buka Puasa
Sunday - Swimming Pool
Thursday, September 28, 2006
How does it work?
Arcoxia tablets contain the active ingredient etoricoxib, which is a type of medicine known as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). This means that it stops the production of inflammatory prostaglandins, without stopping the production of prostaglandins that protect the stomach and intestines. It therefore reduces pain and inflammation, but is less likely than traditional NSAIDs to cause side effects on the stomach and intestines (although such side effects are still possible).
This medicine can be taken with or without food, but may start to work quicker if taken without food.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
* Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence or abdominal pain
* Excessive fluid retention in the body tissues, resulting in swelling (oedema)
* High blood pressure (hypertension)
* Weakness or loss of strength (asthenia)
* Cold or flu-like symptoms
* Skin reactions such as rash and itch
* Blurred vision
* Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
* Muscle cramps
* Weight gain
* Nosebleeds (epistaxis)
* Shortness of breath (dyspnoea)
* Chest pain
* Heart attack or stroke
* Ulceration or bleeding of the stomach or intestine
* Liver or kidney disorders
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
50+1 different types of friends
in no particular order, but numbered nonetheless. Take time to go thru it all... Its an eye opener
- those that will help you move.
- those that will help you move tomorrow.
- those that will help you move a body.
- those who you know only by their nickname.
- those whose nickname you know.
- those whose last name you know.
- those whose phone number you have.
- those whose phone number you have on speed dial.
- those whose phone number you know by heart.
- those who you can make plans with next week.
- those who you can make plans with tonight.
- those who you tell your secrets.
- those who tell your secrets.
- those who know what you like.
- those who know what you hate.
- those who hate what you hate.
- those who hate what you hate because you hate it.
- those who understand what you’re saying
- those who think they understand what you’re saying
- those who ask what you’re saying
- those who take you at your word
- those who use your words against you
- those who have what you need.
- those who give what you need.
- those who need what you have.
- those who can have what you have.
- those who want to make out with you.
- those who you want to make out with.
- those who you make out with.
- those who you write about.
- those who you don’t write about.
- those who think they know you.
- those who knew you when.
- those who make you sad.
- those who make you glad.
- those who make you mad.
- those who make you bad.
- those who hear it first.
- those who read it here.
- those whose opinions are shared.
- those whose opinions matter.
- those who you want to listen to.
- those who want to listen to you.
- those who you are still in touch with.
- those who will come over.
- those who are already there.
- those who laugh at your jokes.
- those who know your jokes.
- those who laugh at your jokes they know.
- those who know the rest.
- friends with benefits
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
- Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
- Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?
- Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
- Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?
- Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?
- Why is it that to stop Windows 98, you have to click on "Start"?
- Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
- When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?
- Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
- Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
- You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
- Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
- If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
- If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
Monday, September 25, 2006
Its nice to watch kids in action, yeah he was practicing hours before the show both on the routine and then speech and had the jitters and spotted a fever the night before, he was so excited in the morning.
He was having the time of his life and I let him be, after all they are kids, let them play and have fun, before and after his performance. Instead of parents fussying around their kids and getting in the teachers way who works hard to get the show together.
I was proud of him, as any parent who watch their kids that day, it lovely and heck he still got one more year. Bonus is they get to do this again for a charity concert.
For me as long he is happy that all matters.
Bala was as god as it gets and the guys get together...sorry gish we always thought you were a girl. Thanks to Commie for the night and the unexpected guests
A bitrhday girl who was celebrating alone unfortunately was the lucky receipient of this drink. Its impressive to watch. And a free photo opportunity
Pour the Sambuca and Kahlua into the Cocktail Glass and give the drinker a straw. Pour the Baileys and Blue Curacao into two sepsrate shot glasses either side of the cocktail glass. Set light the concotion in the cocktail glass and start to drink through the straw (this drink should be drunk in one) , as the bottom of the glass is reached put out the fire by pouring the Baileys and Blue Curacao into the cocktail glass and keep drinking till it's all gone!!
When I was a child at school back in the seventies and eighties, you didn't get all this doomsday scenario, kidnapping, child abuse, and all the other crap we read in the paper. We live in fear of these tragedies affecting the children of today.
Kids aren't allowed to be innocent and carefree any more - they have to shoulder too many grim burdens way too early. Also I think parents are over-protective of their children nowadays too - as a child was outside playing or riding my bike with my siblings until it got dark, playing in the padang, and no harm ever came to us, nor to any of the kids we knew at school. We hadn't a care in the world, we got fresh air and exercise, & lived in our unpolluted imaginations.
My parents banned me from watching unsuitable grown-up programmes on TV or reading adult newspapers, 'til I was about 45!!! lol. It's true there's more traffic about on the roads now, which makes them more dangerous to play or ride bikes on, but I do believe there are any more perverts, paedophiles or other wierdos about now than there were back then. But that's wandering off topic somewhat, I suppose! Lets smile at the sparks the kids give out!!!
Saturday, September 23, 2006
My Sat thus far was and is awesome. The past weekends I been away (20day stretch of muddling around), work, wedding, Klang and frankly was the first weekend in a while where a) I wasn't busy with work or family, and b) wasn't trying to paint the house. (No, I'm not done painting. I'm just sick of it.) So I opted to relax a little bit.
I guess I should be thankful that I have this time. I logged on to my blog to find some idiots decided to have a flashback episode and leave some unfavourable comments. I just deleted them. I did not confront them I did not yell at them I just moved on. If there are so called friend who want to snipe, let me be la, chilll get your own blog.
As I sat thru watching "The Mummy" & "The Mummy Returns" cook noodels for lunch, I did a bit of sewing and hosue keeping.... it was a nice time to reflect, I have kind of noticed some frens have fallen off the radar and I have not kept in touch with them, some have moved on some, like me, just too caught up in work. Maybe we will meet up.
The next few weekend gonna be quite hetic in preparatino for Raya, not like I am celebrating but we have Corporate buka puasa function and I have 2 Birthdays and 1 Death Anniversary to face, the birthdays are kewl.
I had a lovely 45 minute talk with Jnr Vadai who will be performing for a St.John Charity event, he and his buddies form school. Pity there aint free passes but even parents like me wont be attend unless you want to cough up RM250 seats in the house. Even the kids who will be picked up at 8pm provided dinner, perform at 9pm and head back to the drop off zone. Probably talk to him when its over.
It started raining Sat afternoon, I actually sat at the balcony reading a Tom Clancy Book a fren had given to me in the past. The smell the sound of the rain was truly nice. Putting aside the book I leaned out the balcony, felt the rain drops on my face, a nice kodak moment for me. Not wanting too wet, I headed to take a nap... what a lovely sleep. I woke up hungry lol and decided to blog this one out.
I probably go to meet Xxxxie later tonight even if it is with monopoly money lol.. she got a new code name.. and this lady actually dance again.... up there and I was not around to see it. Talk about timing.
Com, I hear you and feel you dude!! Scud, you lucky SOB a frigging SSN??
You know it is time to reassess your relationship with your computer when....
1. You wake up at 4 O'clock in the morning to go to the bathroom andstop to check your email on the way back to bed.
2. You turn off your computer and get an awful empty feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
3. You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free internet access.
4. You laugh at people with 28.8 modems.
5. You start using smileys :-) in your snail mail.
6. You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word processor.com
7. You can't correspond with your mother because she doesn't have a computer.
8. When your email box shows "no new messages" and you feel really depressed.
9. You don't know the gender of your three closest friends because they have nondescript screen name and you never bothered to ask.
10. You move into a new house and you decide to "Netscape" before you landscape.
11. Your family always knows where you are.
12. In real life conversations, you don't laugh, you just say "LOL, LOL".
13. After reading this message, you immediately forward it to a friend!
Friday, September 22, 2006
This week has been flying, Since last Monday I have not be exercising since I had an inflamation and that got futher aggravated when I had a small slip during the post Jnr Vadai Concert. So my body is not the way I want it, trying to grow my hair longer (before I lose it all) not being mobile coz of my knee and my car door got a knock to top it off I got a a temp 2nd job to help me with my finances hmmmmmm smells trouble. Weddings taking it toll on my wallet and Deepavali coming up the cash registers are drying up
The weekend is here, pumping my self up with meds to keepe my inflamation in check, not like I can sit in the house for 2 weeks and actually let it heal. Maybe if I drown myself in alcohol lol. Commie you on dude lol
Voltaren ® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets), is indicated:
- For relief of signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis
- For relief of signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- For acute or long-term use in the relief of signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis
Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Only your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Voltaren.
* More common side effects may include:
Abdominal pain or cramps, constipation, diarrhea, headache, indigestion, nausea
* Less common side effects may include:
Abdominal bleeding, abdominal swelling, dizziness, fluid retention, gas, itching, peptic ulcers, rash, ringing in the ears
* Rare side effects may include:
Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction), anemia, anxiety, appetite change, asthma, black stools, blood disorders, bloody diarrhea, blurred vision, changes in taste, colitis, congestive heart failure, convulsions, decrease in white blood cells, decreased urine production, depression, double vision, drowsiness, dry mouth and mucous membranes, hair loss, hearing loss, hepatitis, high blood pressure, hives, inability to sleep, inflammation of the colon, inflammation of mouth, inflammation of the pancreas, irritability, kidney failure, liver disease, low blood pressure, nosebleed, red or purple skin discoloration and itching, sensitivity to light, skin eruptions and inflammation, scaling or peeling, sores in the gullet, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a severe form of skin eruption), swelling of eyelids, lips, and tongue, swelling of the throat due to fluid retention, vague feeling of illness, vision changes, vomiting, yellow eyes and skin
Chu Kang ( PCK ) explaining sex to Chu Beng's son, Aloysius ...
Aloy : Why is making love so enjoyable ?
PCK : Aiyah, ah boy, enjoyable becaws, same like when you dig your nose
with your finger mah !
Aloy : Do you think women enjoy sex more than men?
PCK : Of course woman lah ! When you dig dig your nose, your nose feel
better than your finger, right ?
Aloy : Why do women hate it when they get raped ?
PCK : Ai-yah ! Say, you walk along the load(road),den someone come over
and dig your nose, you like or not ? Ehhh ? Don't pray pray ah
Aloy : Why is it a woman cannot have sex when she is having her menses?
PCK : Oy !! If your nose bleeding, you still go and dig meh?? Siow ah !Use
your Blain(brain), use your blainnn ..........
Aloy : Why is it most men don't like wearing condoms when they are making
PCK : Ehhhh, when you dig your nose ah, you like to dig with a glove
on your finger or not ? Not the same shiok feeling mah. Corlight
(correct) or not?
Aloy : Why is making love carried out in private ?
PCK : Ah boyyyyy, use your blain, use your blainnnnn . you go and dig your
nose in flont of your whole class izit ?? Stupid lah!!
Aloy : Wah ...... Uncle Chu Kang, you are very good.
PCK : Aiyah ...... best in Singapore and JB, and some say Batam also ah !!!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
I stumbled upon one right near my house when I drove out for dinner.
The place is superb and rice, the ayam the sambal lazat!!!!. Subbie you should check this out. When I say people from all walks of life I really mean it, it was crowded, had to wait for a table to be empty we even had a guy in a coat sitting there and eating !!!!!
Wah Lau...see the pic to know what I mean
The LCL (lareral collateral ligament) helps keep your knee joint stable but is located on the outer side of the joint. Most minor LCL injuries heal by themselves in a few weeks or months if they are rested but more serious ones may require surgery.
Usually the injury to the LCL damages another ligament at the same time. In most cases, LCL injury is less serious than injury to other knee tissues, such as the cruciate ligaments. However, in more serious cases the ligament can be partially or completely torn.
Blows to the knee are a common cause of LCL injury but any twisting injury may result in damage. LCL damage is a common sports injury.
Lateral Collateral Ligament Injury