Friday, October 26, 2012

Death ... mortality ... life goes on



Death has a funny way of creeping up on you personally, I mean its out it happens every day every hour but it doesn't really hit till someone close to you or someone you know is taken away. Epicurus was an ancient Greek philosopher said - Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.

As you read that number and to the end of this line, about another 10 have died
That’s about 1.8 people per second! 
= 108 People per minute
= 6,461 People per hour
= 155,060 People per day
= 56,597,034 per year

This week it visited 2 people who are related to me, both which I had more then just a cordial relationship with and would meet, visit and bump into each other as I grew up. Despite being elderly there was always that jovial nature that they shared with the younger me  with as much banter and closeness would allow.  When within 4 days when these two people passed on, I was shaken.

Initially it was the sadness I could not attend the funeral, the last goodbye but as the layers slipped away it, I found there were so many indirect factors, frustration of not achieving a target in hockey, letting something slipped away further compounded the situation when news of the death reached it the end I realized it was more about mortality.  There is some truth to the old saying, “There are only two things you can count on in life: death and taxes.” Everyone experiences death. Death and dying are an inevitable part of human life. but when it happen to someone close to you, you begin to question your self.

To be frank, I am not afraid, I try to give it all I can in my life for me and people around me. I try to leave an impact today then worrying about it tomorrow, sometimes dont see it that way, I dont blame them. I have learned growing up of giving 101% leaving it all on the table.

...Be it with friends, hockey, music, socializing, football and anything I put my heart and soul into, I have learn to give it all, for there may not be an opportunity tomorrow. These deaths has not changed my outlook in life, I dont feel the need to push the panic button,  but it reinforces what I believe and I want to continue to do what I am doing now without fear or favor. It dont matter if the people around me understand me or dont share my passion,  for in the end when I lay down... here lies Darthvadai Singam





No comments: