Sunday, June 24, 2007

We are not bad friends

Its been a while since I blogged and in the hectic pace and bustle of the exhibition and functions and travelling from Port Klang more often then not, this blog is picking on one event which has lead me to lose a dear friend.

I have never held people back or try to dictate, control or influence them in which way of life that choose but I will be dammed when I am accused of that and expect not to defend myself.

Take a good look at a glass half empty and half full before making statements that slam you for something your not. A fren of a fren accused me of being a bad influence to her, the statement was not just to me but a few of us who was online, particularly 3 of which 2 of us are very close. I repeat very close.

So here he comes and goes and makes a statement to a good effect say she made a bad choice as a fren in us and we are bad influence on her!! HELLO!!! wtf!!

Knowing how words can get misconstrued and misunderstood I told him to watch his mouth and then asked him directly what he implied. He confirmed the statement and laid it to bare.
Then it went ballistic. ( we all got our version bout what happened but I am not interested in debating but the point in fact is, that statement is uncalled for)

The point in fact was someone making a critical and damaging statement on her frens and not a second was spent to defend us. Excuse me!!! life does go on but if we are ever labeled as bad friend I dun care who you are but I will defend my self.

Whats sad and shocking was with all the history, time and events we had gone thru, we were bad influence on her, again not an ounce was done to correct that. That sad.

Within our group of fren we were shocked and sad by this, something totally unexpected, especially from her. I am resigned to let her go her way even though we were accused for something we were not. You cant turn words any other way for convenience, what was said is said.

There are 2 quotes here which I want to use to point out

One of the surest evidences of friendship that one individual can display to another is telling him gently of a fault. If any other can excel it, it is listening to such a disclosure with gratitude, and amending the error.-- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
(not have someone who dun know us at all make statements on your behalf)

“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”

Jen said the best, in the end guys like us will still be around to pick the pieces for ex-frens like there. Thats how we are molded.

12 comments:

marie said...

1) He did not make statements inclusive of you, but of others who's actions speak for themselves: Silvertron and CommanderChronic. Silvertron followed Kasey into other channels and tried to get him banned from there over his own personal feelings. Commie said insults about Kasey when he was away from the computer. I personally read the logs. I also found it insulting.

2) This whole thing started over my ops status. Kasey and I shared the same computer, and I set my nick to auto-log in. This is why he joined using my nick. He made a very clear issue of broadcasting to everyone that he was himself, and not impersonating me. It is better to keep things in perspective that this is what started everything. The whole issue lasted for more than a week.

3) People were not only talking bad behind Kasey, but was also talking bad behind my back. If a friend does this, that is all that is required to make that friend a "bad friend". A GOOD friend would not do that.

4) In view of your second paragraph, you were never accused of, quote, "control(ing) or influenc(ing) in which way of life that choose". This was never implied at any time.

5) Kasey personally did not know who were and who were not my friends in IRC. This should be considered before making your conclusions.

6) Even when we met at Bisik, none of you even interacted with him. Yet, the next day on IRC, everybody made remarks on his behavior, and yet did not realize their own behavior towards him. Kasey had never been to a club before this, and felt extremely awkward as he did not know what was involved or what to expect. His behavior is justified. One of the reason I left Bisik early that night was because I also felt awkward; no one even approached us and kept to themselves.

7) You did not lose me as a friend, you just assumed you lost me as a friend. I did try to explain to you the situation that day, but you had made up your mind and would not listen. It is your decision alone that "you lost me".

8) Finally, I would like to state again, that this whole thing is one HUGE misunderstanding, and the statement that Kasey made was not referring to you in particular.

Anonymous said...

And -=I=- (Kasey) would just like to add:

To quote your third paragraph, "fren of a fren accused me of being a bad influence to her, the statement was not just to me but a few of us who was online".

I would just like to say, in clear coherent English so as to leave no possibility for being misunderstood; I. DID. NOT. REFER. TO. YOU. WHEN. I. SAID. THAT.

Second, you seem to be quite reactionary and hold yourself in remarkable esteem. Upon a single statement, the nature of which was impossible to interpret concisely as being addressed to you, you have decided to end a friendship which, as you have taken time to point out, is extremely important to you. If your friendship were that important, it would follow that you should be less determined to end it with such haste, and make effort to restore it, rather than reiterate yourself as a victim.

And finally, if you find any such statement conveyed by me as damaging, it should be noted that it is only damaging and bothersome if the said statement is, in fact, TRUE. In other words, if you have full confidence in yourself as a friend of Marie, then a statement such as the one in question should not bring you such grief. The fact that it has places your integrity in suspect.

-- Kasey

Angie Siew said...

Sigh... why all these have to happen? Arent we good frens????

Svejjen said...

Everyone should just cool down.

Marie, it's not about ops status as far as me and vadai is concerned.

Kasey I've never met, and I don't know him well enough yet so I can't say nuts.

Like I said, everyone should cool down.

Vadai knows my stance on this issue.

As far as I'm concerned, "Hi there, I'm Svejjen, and you are...?"

Svejjen said...

On another note, ever heard about cultural clashes?

foreverinteresting said...

I remember my first visit to Bisik... I had equally a silence treatment. I really felt out of the place and furthermore it was the first time i'm going to a pub area as well. No one really talked to me....

But my second and third trip made it better............. anyway i don't know the issues here but just saying the first impression of people ignoring you at your first visit to Bisik is not something to offended about...

Anyway hope everything works well with you guys since I know u all are damn close.

Anonymous said...

commander chronic says.....those who cant take my insults in good spirits dont deserve a second glance frm me (at least some of u come up wit good retorts).those who accuse me of being a bad influence can take a flying fuck.and those who gonna drink wit me, i'll call u soon.PS: check out a certain professorkasey in #kl preachin bout health from that heavenly pedestal.fucking crap white trailer thrash!!!!

marie said...

"PS: check out a certain professorkasey in #kl preachin bout
health from that heavenly pedestal.fucking crap white trailer thrash!!!!"

i wonder what ur problem is commanderchronic seems like u got some issues? so what if he preaches about health... is it wrong? are we not allowed to to bring up such topics in IRC? cant we expand our intellectual in other areas other then just sex?

its very racist of u to call him a white trailer trash... i don't see him calling any of u names. i don't know what benefits u from behaving in such away.. but i've totally lost my respect for u..

here i am trying to make peace and set things right so that we can all just get along but it seems that we we cant. im sorry but i cant take ur insults.

Vadai i've always respected u like a brother and treated u as part of my family, you and chris are good friends and i would consider myself a fool to loose such freinds. kasey and i have nothing against u, unfortunately things got off the wrong foot all because the ops in IRC has personal issues and immaturely make judgements through their asses.. and because of that things got out of hand.

some people take IRC too seriously these days and make up their own rules as they go along. i think i have taken enough crap as it is. i don't want this matter to carry on any further, i hope it ends here.

take care

Anonymous said...

From Kasey...

Now this I find funny.

To quote CC: "those who cant take my insults in good spirits dont deserve a second glance frm me (at least some of u come up wit good retorts)"

Ok so here's his logic. Pay attention everybody.

He can insult us however he feels like, and when he does, we're supposed to take it in "good spirits". HOWEVER, THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE SAYS: "those who accuse me of being a bad influence can take a flying fuck".

Well gee golly whiz CC!!! Maybe you should take our insults IN GOOD SPIRITS!!! You remind me of a little boy who could call everyone else names, but fell down and cried as soon as someone called him a name. Oh and hey, if that just insulted you, TAKE IT IN GOOD SPIRIT! If not, maybe you dont "deserve a second glance", huh?

Oh and by the way, he's right. Anyone who is interested in health and fitness is free to visit me in #kl. I can discuss in biological detail, all the way down to the function of each individual cell, anything related to fitness. There simply isn't a question I'm unable to answer, and I can just as easily give you a list of my qualifications on request (hence, the nick name "professor").

And before you start with "Well its IRC and you can say anything!" - I invite people all the time to learn from me in person, so you can see for yourself. Tonight alone I've got more than 5 students meeting us at the gym. Cant wait to see how you explain that one.

As for being white trash, you're not the first to resort to racist remarks or contradictory statements. Go drink alcohol and kill a few dozen more brain cells, provided you haven't already.

--Kasey

darthvadai said...

here is a full stop to all of you

no more comments

move on
i dun want to have to close commenting in my blog

Thanks you

Svejjen said...

Just a last word Vadai.

Everyone please stop the posturing and the testerone asskicking. And I mean all of you!!!

Let's be a bit more diplomatic. Everyone is just being too sensitive.

Angie Siew said...

I just feel like crying!!!