Friday, June 29, 2007

Transformers - Review Without Spoilers



I just got to see the movie on the THX screen with three hundred and ninety nine others something like that and all i can say is when the credits started to roll the whole crowd including me applauded and cheered.. was just BRILLIANT, it keeps things moving at a blistering pace, slowly revealing the auto bots and decepticons peace by piece ensuring each set piece out does the last.

Wishing I owned the toys and having watched the series from childhood I had misgivings when I first heard about this movie. Having constant chat with Jen bout the movie the figurines all lead to this moment. Seeing some of the heroes of my youth really move and fight, thanks to the visual effects of today, was literally a dream come true. Watching the transformers logo in the sky, the OP transforming for the 1st time MAGIC!!!!





OH MY GOD!!!!!
I wanted to stay in my seat and tell them to run the damn movie again! Autobots!! rollout!!!

The movie is also very human, a very nice synergy between the CGI and human, again watching Optimus transform for the 1st time gave me goose bumps,, watching Ironhide coming to form was awesome. Overall despite the fact the Decepticons lost their personality, they're just mainly destroying n killing machines, Megatron and Starscream are more complex characters like they're featured in the movie maybe next sequeal


Go fucking watch it!!!








3 comments:

Svejjen said...

I'll be joining you as one of the enlightened TF fans tomorrow.

Did you know Robotcon 2007 was held at THE CURVE over this week, and I didn't bother to read about it because I thought it was being held somewhere else.

What a fucking bummer.

*sighs*

drNO said...

i've tag u

just ignore it if u r bz
@ the topic doesn't interest u

Angie Siew said...

Oh i just love it! i watched with ant yday... it was cool! i love optimus prime! so handsome!