Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The shakes

Mohinder: [ending voiceover] For all his bluster, it is the sad province of Man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes. Hoping that he'll have the courage to answer.


We all value our lives, the favor opening question of any insurance agent "Dear Mr. Vadai how much do you value your life? " We all value our lives but no one will add a $$$$ value to their lives coz actually there is no value that can be attached. Me I dun bother with a value, I have my short terms goals and my long terms goals.

I never really put a value on my own life, a few days ago I was able to see just what kind of price I put on my own livelihood.

Staring down the barrel of a gun have many thought racing in your head.. How many times in movies we have rehearsed scenes like this and the hero get away form the bad guys. Here is was facing a gun man and his accomplice forced to make a decision. No I was no Rambo, I was not trying to be a hero but I wanted to be alive. Dragged out of the car and robbed clean of all valuables and left there can be pretty ugly experience. Having a knife slit into your jeans to fish valuables out does leave you on the edge. I laid low and hoped it would all be over soon.


After they left, I had the shakes and it was bad. took me a while sitting down there to recover as a patrol car passed by much later.

I knew there were many loose end to tie up, set out to do so. After all we have to move forward


Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Sent you an email but no reply, keep in touch. Hope we can meet up

Anonymous said...

time will answer

Anonymous said...

That is from the 13th Warrior

Never thought you were that pious Vadai hehehe kidding