Friday, August 17, 2007

A movie worth Downloading




The Astronaut Farmer

When I was in Summit the other day surfing for movies I cought the preview of some movies coming to DVD. One movie that caught me and intrigued me and kind of captivated me thru the trailer was The Astronaut Farmer.

I dun think this movie is played yet in our circuit, but its a damm feel good movie. So I torrent downloaded it and last night past midnight I finally watched it.

Sat down at 1am and never left my seat. Awesome family movie.

Wiki : The Astronaut Farmer is a 2007 drama film directed by Michael Polish and starring Billy Bob Thornton. Polish and his brother Mark also serve as writers and producers of the film. The film was released on February 23, 2007.

In a gist it about A NASA astronaut (Thornton), forced to retire years earlier so he could save his family farm, has never give up his dream of space travel and looks to build his own rocket, despite the government's threats to stop him. Billy Bob and Virginia Madsen (hubba hubba) do awesome jobs with their characters.Bruce Willis has a small role as the best friend from the astronaut program who *did* make it into space, and JK Simmmons (Jonah Jameson) is good as the head of the FAA.



Admittedly, the follow your dreams drama kind of movie has always been around, but Astronaut Farmer manages to stand out nonetheless. The timeless truths are all the more poignant set against the backdrop of such an impossible dream. The problems Charlie Farmer confronts are in many ways similar to problems we all face. Themes of love, sacrifice, and faith make this movie easy to relate to. It is a metaphor of being true to yourself and following your dreams, not just another sappy you-can-do-anything-you-set-your-mind-to knockoff. I recommend it to anyone who has ever wanted something out of life that seemed out of reach or that others scoffed at.

Go go get it and watch it

No comments: