Friday, April 04, 2008

Death

"But we are so fond of life that we have no leisure to entertain the terror of death. It is a honeymoon with us all through, and none of the longest. Small blame to us if we give our whole hearts to this glowing bride of ours, to the appetities, to honour, to the hungry curiosity of the mind, to the pleasure of the eyes in nature, and the pride of our own nimble bodies."

-Robert Louis Stevenson,


My Aunt is dying, in a gist this is what it has come to be. The painful things is she is dying of stage 4 cancer. Its a point of no return and the family is already there... the docs have discharged her already.

I have whirlwind trip to make with a bus trip to PNG tonight and returning for an urgent meeting in KL sunday morning and back to PNG after that

Though I am not very close to her she is still me father's sister and family is family. When I was young I used to visit my grandpa and she was taking care of him. Her life was for her father and I respect her very much because of that.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

No comments: