Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dey Chitragupta


Dey Chitragupta.. avan kanak-kai soll

Yama or Yemen is the lord of death in Hinduism, first recorded in the Vedas. In Vedic tradition Yama was considered to have been the first mortal who died and espied the way to the celestial abodes, thus in virtue of precedence he became the ruler of the departed. In some passages, however, he is already regarded as the god of death.

Yama is assisted by Chitragupta who is assigned with the task of keeping complete records of actions of human beings on the earth, and upon their death deciding to have them reincarnated as a superior or inferior organism, depending on their actions on the earth.

So my opening line loosely translates to Yeman asking his accountant the fate of the human being in question. Why death? A definative end, a termination a point you cant cross.. and it all related to living.


I have a close family relative that bed ridden and sick over many years she slips in between times and in moments of lucidness is able to recall who you are and more... we have resigned i to the fact its just a matter of time she will pass on...and yet everytime there is a a sign pointing in that direction we all gather around to visit her. With all due respect to her, someone that I love and care for a lot maybe Winston Churchill is right when he said “I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”

And yet as she pull thru day after that it is the unexpected "terminations" crudely put... terminations of life, relationships and what not that catches off guard.

Sometimes these are the things I am not prepared for.. for sometimes I just go numb.. maybe it is easier that way

No comments: