Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Meeting Chaters

This isn't meant to scare anybody off the idea of making "real-life" friends through the Internet - countless relationships, even marriages, have been formed on-line and parlayed successfully into what netspeak calls "IRL" - in real life. The highly publicized cases of people turning out to be not quite who they said they were (at best) or downright dangerous (at worst) are just that: the highly publicized exceptions.

Still, that doesn't mean you shouldn't exercise all reasonable cautions... There are friends that I have met on the Internet. I have not met these people in person but over time we have developed a friendship it is challenging for me because there are some after meeting actually are not what they are and you actually draw a new perspective on them. Call me old fashion but I prefer a face to face meeting.... while the internet allows you the freedom to mask, I never use it as one....and lately I have started to go out and meet chatter nor for the reason of unmasking them but to meet to see if they are for real...


One such chatter who was close to me telling my all the prob...when I met this chatter with other chatters in public ...I never spill the beans on what they confide in me...I keep their trust as they keep mine..sadly not all like that....some use it as a weapon... Before I used to keep quiet and try to cover up...nowadays...I just dun bother anymore... you wanna tell ...you wanna gossip....so be it...I wont stoop to your level.

So we all met for yam cha one day in Cheras, my Tai kor was the band wagon leader as a few chatters met, one chap came down from Penang for some other matters also showed up… Its nice when your not paying the bill lol…in summary it was nice to meet them and it liven up when alphie and vs showed up…we are getting to be a groupie alphie, vs, david and me lol…nice crazy frens








No comments: