Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ouch it huts


Talk about taking the 1st step.


Last night I took the conscious effort to train back again

If you notice my recent blogs its bee more of events, weddings, dinners and get together and home cooked food and lately I have been putitng on the pounds.

My earlier program ot start in Jan with badminton was shelves then other pressing matters and not after CNY I am more determined and mroe focused to step up.

Yesterday was a 2 hour session which started with a nice 15 minutes warm up and 30 minute stretching, I was doing this along and had the whole stadium to my self, this was following up by about 15 minutes of jogging.

Then came the friendly game, not wanting to exert my self i did the 1st 20 minutes single umpiring, it was nice and felt good.

Second session James asked me where I wanter to play I said forward immediately, he slotted me in center forward for 20 minutes, I like this position as I could break breaks and move away pulling the defender away. We had a few opportunities then iI set up but did not materialise into goal. My back was aching a little ( must be coz of the belly).

The next session was 30 minutes and James again gave a forward role as he said I was going good running. My trapping skill was a little rusty but that what friendlies are all about shaking off the rust.

So for the next 30 minutes its was 20 minutes of running then tiredness set in so the last 10 minutes was smart positioning in which Vadai scored a goal. Dropping behind the defender to the keeper left 4 yard from goal I called for a grounder which I cooly deflected into goal. Well done VADAI!!!

Fina score 2-0

Today morning work up and aches in places I never thought I had muscles huu haaa

No comments: