Thursday, December 29, 2005

`The Sound of Music.'



We all know the story. Julie Andrews plays a Catholic nun who becomes a nanny for Christopher Plummer's millions upon millions of children (not literally) in Austria. After a while she falls in love with Plummer's character. They sing. The children sing. We all sing for ice cream – err, I mean…never mind.

Anyway, that's how the story goes. Interesting to note that three whole hours revolve around just that. The songs never fail to bring a smile to my face. Call me a softies or bite me!! I loved THE SOUND OF MUSIC! The songs in it just make you feel good! No matter what your feeling. And it also shows how music can help you through terrible times. What can I say about this fabulous movie that hasn't already been said? I must have seen the film 100-150 times (3 times in one day-TWICE!!) but I still LOVE to watch it.

Did you know Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss, both of whom tried out for the roles of the children, and would they have been better… I wonder…wonder…wonder…heheh

No comments: