Saturday, September 01, 2007

Great Song

A remarkable song I head in a pub over the weekend as i was watering down, Its a place called backyard. The writer of this song was only 16 when he wrote this. Even at 16, this song is so simple.....yet so profound. he knows he has done bad things in his life, and he is getting it back in the ass.

He regrets the things he did, and didnt get a chance to do. but the best part of the song is right at the end, "Don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them." He knows what he did wrong, so he doesnt need to be told


Jackson Browne - These Day


Well I've been out walking,
I don't do that much talking
These days, These days.

These days I seem to think a lot
about the things that I forgot to do,
for you.
And all the times I had the chance to.

And I had a lover,
but it's so hard to risk another,
These days, these days.

Now if I seem to be afraid
to live the life that I have made in song.
Well it's just that I've been losing for so long.

Well I'll keep on moving (moving on)
Things are bound to be improving
These days, One of these days.

These days I'll sit on cornerstones
and count the time in quarter tones to ten,
my friend.
Don't confront me with my failures,
I have not forgotten them.

No comments: