Friday, September 07, 2007

Helping out a fren

Time like these are different then yesteryears. People change (like me), people evolve (like me) ahahah.


I give you 2 scenerios.

Last night a fren from Ipoh came down and was available for sushi at frigging 7pm, along with other chatters. I decline to go. Instead I went for a beer.
Whats the rational? Well for the past 2 days I been slogging and whooping ass to get the project office up and kicking as we were behind schedule due to the carpeting idiot. Yesterday evening I saw a silver lining and things were finally coming together. Dead tired, mentally exhausted, I opted to go for a beer and ease my mind then to join a gathering for sushi. I sent my apologies and invited them to join me for a beer but they had other plans in puchong.

The other scenario, in a couple of hours I shall step away from the project to help a fren for 4 hours ok make them 5 hours before returning to the work. Its nothing beneficial to me but I had already committed, thought the initial date was Sept 14th then revised to Sept 7 morning and not reschedule to 3pm today. I dun make a million bucks out of it , I dun laugh heartily and take my mind off it but to help a fren.

I could not apply the same set of laws to both scenarios as they have underlines different reason of values to it. To the 1st batch of frens was about winding down and my choice was somethings else, the 2nd was a task that I had committed to , so I try to live up to that commitment, at worst if I could not really get away from the office today this fren would have understood.

No comments: