Monday, May 07, 2007

Lessons...all around us

1. There are many a time when you walk out of the office and you see that is it raining, ita situation your caught in, sometimes you have an umbrella and sometimes dont, at that present moment certain decision have to be made. Must be made, so you make them. No matter if it was to go back into the office and sit and let the rain pass or run in the rain, use the umbrella or just get wet. You make decision based on the choices available and taking into the account the consequences that have to be faced later on.

Life is like that, sometimes things prop up and ask you to decide then and there, so we look at the options, the consequences and make them. You make the choice coz you will live with the consequences... We all make choices sometimes right ones sometimes wrong ones. - lessons learned

I am one of those weird one that dun go about talking my prob to every Tom Dick and Harry, there was a time I kind of used to, to open to to discuss to present my case but not anymore. I dun do that anymore and there are several reasons for that.

Over time I have grown to shield my self, not to be too open because that does not help. Sometimes being open you get hurt, you get used and sometimes people get closer to you then you want them to. There are no right or wrong in this, its a personal choice. - lessons learned

This weekend Jnd Vadai went for a Yoga competition for kids, no Olympics. When they announced him name he came up with the Silver medal, he was ecstatic, despite being a lazy kiddo who does not practice the Yoga he put his heart into it past 2 weeks to practice; weather to win or not to embarrass himself I dun know, but I did not interfere. He grabbed his Silver medal hugging the 1st and 3rd place winner and then came running to me showing off his medal. I was happy for him. Over my shoulder I heard one parent telling the kid that she should have done better and got 1st place. I was like WTF!! Do we put too much pressure on our kids to win everything that we do not appreciate the effort put it hmmmmmm - lessons learned

I laughed with Jnr Vadai as he jokes bout his training when I told him I was proud of his 2nd place, he loved it and so hapi he got 2nd place.... 1st place did not matter to him - lessons learned

2nd place aint the end of the world. Later on we chatted talking bout his school, frens and how he was doing, he had some question for me as I answered as rightfully as I should. Nice times spent with him. We are starting to talk a lot, next week will be his concert, more time to spend with him again.

No comments: