Friday, August 22, 2008

Barong Tagalog

For over four centuries a Barong Tagalog Shirt has been worn by a man at a Filipino wedding as well as for other formal occasions. Barong shirts were usually made of a thin almost transparent fabric with no pockets and with the shirt tails worn out - never tucked in. ( nope that not me , m better looking lol blerks)
Centuries of rule under the Spanish refined the distinct artistry of the Barong Tagalog, turning it into the Philippine National Costume for men. The barong was popularized as formal wear by Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay, who wore it to most official and personal affairs, including his inauguration as president. Out of this developed one of the really nice traditions of couples getting married in traditional dress, which includes the groom getting married in a traditional Barong Tagalog Shirt.

so my babies Jeri & June before they left to Kambodia I had requested them to get me one. the sent it through their manager to me but I not worn it yet, this weekend I am keen to try it on and at least take a pic in it and sent it to the babies who incidentally will be in KL in Sept End.

So it finally out of the cupboard hmmmmmmm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to see you in and out of it... ;)

darthvadai said...

ish ish ish


oi this not 18SX blog la wei

Anonymous said...

Im sure the babies would love to see you wearing that barong

Anonymous said...

That sure look lovely any chance of posing for me - Jaz