Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friendships and Relationships

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
Thomas A. Edison

Note: M not perfect but I stick with friends thru thick and thin till I am wronged.

It's not common in this world to observe, openly and learn from experiences, good and bad. Clarity comes from a reflective, settled mind. Self knowledge, awareness, knowing what's important to us, allow us to steer, happily around the obstacles that others fall and weep over.
As the Buddha says 'the road is clear why do you throw rocks in front of you?'

Is it important to see the big picture? Many people feel that they have an open-mind, but their communication reveals otherwise as they quickly use words such as "no" or "that isn't the right way." Being selfish is not a closed mind in a manner of speaking being selfish is the absent of open minded thinking, then again having an open mind does not mean one should not or cannot be selfish. There in there lies the complexities of friendship or relationship.

In one of the evening in a social discourse we talk about friendship amongst the drinking circle, every was speaking in tones of brothers and sisters and being there and walking thru the end. Then I said something that the room went dead? I asked simple question How well do you know me? Do you know my life? Do you know my family? Where I life? My next of kin? Could anyone answer me? What masks do I wear when I drink? What do I reveal of choose to reveal about me self?

In short we only know as much as one chooses to reveal themselves. Very few cross that line in my life I have offered some a glimpse of my life, my history, a few some have used it against me some have not, such is life but I still hold and advocate the Friendship is vital and important to me.

I still believe in that and that is why even if there are restrictions, condition, complexities rules and limitation, I am, prepared to be patient taking small steps then to lose it all again. That's age for you


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wisely put. Though, i believe, when you are not ready to reveal your trueself in a relationship that you don't want to lose, you never had a relationship to start with. And no one, not even your most dearest in yourlife will ever really know you despite knowing so much about you.

Small steps? It may help but it may not be enough at times. In the end, you may lose out more. Are you willing to take the risk? Chew on that

darthvadai said...

well we never see the end of the rainbow do we

but wise comment