Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If this does not move you then I got nothing to say.....

This is really unbelievable.


Paul Potts - He is a mobile phone salesman. Still reading this?? From July the 37-year-old, who was struggling to pay bills at his Port Talbot home before his opera singing skills were discovered, is fronting movie, internet and TV adverts.

Take a minute and watch this... makes your heart feel good! Watch the faces of the judges as this guy walks out on the stage. You can almost see what they are thinking as they pre-judge this guy based on his looks and the fact that he is a cell phone salesman.

So much for First impressions!

http://www.maniacworld.com/Phone-Salesman-Amazes-Crowd.html



He sang "Nessun Dorma" from Turandot. and I love this piece its very moving and aptly a nice piece for a 3rd year anniversary of my blog of course by one of my fav opera singer Luciano Pavarotti (for his version click on the pic)




The piece from Turandot

As the final act opens, it is now night. Calaf is alone in the moonlit palace gardens. In the distance he hears Turandot's heralds proclaiming her command. His aria begins with an echo of their cry and a reflection on Princess Turandot:

Italian Text

Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
il nome mio nessun saprà!
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò
quando la luce splenderà!
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
che ti fa mia!
(Il nome suo nessun saprà!...
e noi dovrem, ahime, morir!)
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
vincerò, vincerò!

English Translation of "Nessun Dorma"

Nobody shall sleep!...
Nobody shall sleep!
Even you, o Princess,
in your cold room,
watch the stars,
that tremble with love and with hope.
But my secret is hidden within me,
my name no one shall know...
No!...No!...
On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines.
And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...
(No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.)
Vanish, o night!
Set, stars! Set, stars!
At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!

Just before the climactic end of the aria, a chorus of women is heard singing in the distance:

"Il nome suo nessun saprà... E noi dovrem, ahimè, morir, morir!"
(English translation: "No one will know his name... and we will have to, alas, die, die!")

Calaf, now certain of victory, sings:

"Dilegua, o notte! Tramontate, stelle! Tramontate, stelle! All'alba vincerò! Vincerò! Vincerò!"
(English translation: "Vanish, o night! Set, stars! Set, stars! At daybreak I shall win! I shall win! I shall win!")

1 comment:

Angie Siew said...

I love this song so much... everytime i heard it, i will tear... very beautiful piece and Paul Potts deserves to win... :)