Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Chapter Closed - Moving forward in life

This was in many ways a good week I closed many chapter in my life and there are many more...I have managed to close a few chapters in my life and time to move forward.... Work is chugging along and next week is an important week for us. We have visitors coming down and I got to pull my socks up. We got important meeting and presentation with head of large organizations in the Oil and Gas Sector hope I dun get butter flies in my tummy hehehe

I have had to look at life, death and work this week and start preparing for all 3 in many ways. Sometimes I feel like I am in a rut but a sms a call from my frens puts a smile on my face sometimes a mask...then again that’s life. We cant live forever but we can life for now..... I want to start living for now.... Life has many interesting and funny turns and when you least expect it the carpet get yanked under you or you get slammed in the face by a shovel. I have had that a few times and just got another one in my face. But I want to live……

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Susan Ertz



"When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy."
-Anon.


Friendships may not last. It can lose importance and die gradually. Some friendships end abruptly with unresolved conflict. The worst enemy of friendships is change by one or both friends and usually pain with the loss of friendship. Hmmmm coming to ponder more about it friendships do end with pain and change. Carole King's song, "You've Got A Friend" promises "Winter, spring, summer, or fall--all you've got to do is call--and I'll be there." Many people expect that their friends will always be there. They expect friendship to last forever...but they take friendship for granted. We sometimes have different levels of expectations in friendship and that creates a torn in us eating us from within. Yet, friendships end and friends part company everyday. Unfortunately, even the best maintained friendships can end.

Many end because of a change in personality or lifestyle when friends just drift apart and fade away with time. There is a retreat from self-disclosure and seeking out each other's company. Avoidance begins. The friendship slowly loses importance and finally disappears.



I have geared my self for this weekend as a dear fren of mine if coming from Brunei she is a lovely barrel of laughs and look forward to talking to her. I also miss chatting with ppl like XXX, Karplunk, Mrs. Karplunk,Oyster. This should be a good week to get charged up. I needed this weekend

"But Oh! The blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearless on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely. Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away." -Dinah Maria Mulock Craik, A Life for a Life, 1866


Cobra 10's wow weeee I really hope I can go there......Let see how I juggle my Sat let see got Cleo got Giant got dim sum (burp!!!)



I posted this coz I love the article which appeared in the Sunday Star... children at the purest and innocence and not for getting mischief.... can you remember when you last felt love? (I love working with kids XXie I envy you)

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/7/31/lifefocus/10611146&sec=lifefocus
Love is ...
A GROUP of professionals posed this question to a group of four- to eight-year-olds: “What does love mean?” Here are some of their answers:
“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toe nails any more. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too.” – Rebecca, age eight
“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.” – Billy, four
“Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.” – Karl, five
“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.” – Chrissy, six
“Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.” – Danny, seven
“Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.” – Terri, four
“Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day.” – Noelle, seven
“During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore.” – Cindy, eight
“Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.” – Elaine, five
“Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you’ve left him alone all day.” – Mary Ann, four
“I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.” – Lauren, four
“My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.” – Clare, six
“You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.” – Jessica, eight
And finally, love in action, by Junior.
A four-year-old boy lived next door to an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, he went into his yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.
When the boy’s mother asked what he had said to the neighbour, he replied, “Nothing, I just helped him cry.”

1 comment:

darthvadai said...

why late ...hot plate ah

where my red bean pau