Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The prefection of cooking & Vinayagar Chaturti

The perfection of cooking

I was never one to be satisfied with my cooking ( well I still believe I can cook and hello people still survive it ok)well here I am on Monday night back late after work just about to make noise in the kitchen after preparing everything (that too after my dinner appointment cancel) suddenly receive a msg that a sis of mine had scalded her self and we were the closest.... of we go jumping into my jalopy and rushing through traffic... heading all the way across to the other end of town with the urgency to there on time...not knowing what happened only that she was in pain and crying... finally reached there in record time only to fine the young girls bark was more then the bite...took her to the clinic got her attended to .. since we were there hungry had dinner and headed back sinking into bed... an eventful night.. so much for cooking packed everything into bed. Next day manage to leave work early came back and cooked and what a dish it turned out to be...I bragged to Marie and feasted on it like no tomorrow....burp!!!!!

I was lovely if I should say so my self.....


Today is VINAYAGAR CHATURTHI CELEBRATIONS (Ganesha – Elephant God)
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/9/6/central/11933881&sec=central

Vinayagar Chaturthi is grandly celebrated in Malaysia. All Vinayagar temples celebrate this festival. Other temples also often celebrate it, especially if there is no Vinayagar temple in that area. Vinayagar Chaturthi falls on the 4th day of the new moon in the month of Aavani (August-September).

The birthday of Lord Ganesh, the son of Shiva and Parvati, is celebrated with great vigor in the month of Aavani (August-September). His birth was in sukla paksha chaturthi on a soma vasara (Monday) with Visaka star and simha lagna. It is this day each year we celebrate as Vinayaka Chaturthi.

1 comment:

darthvadai said...

yes I do know girl....

nt an event i go tumbling head over heeel to go and seee

if u were the snake i run away form you