Thursday, September 22, 2005

rambling of an absent mind

Foreword : dun judge this as something happening to me judge it if you can relate to it

"We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it. "


How true that is, the question would be ....Can you ever get out? or Do you want to get out?

A vacumm a hole sucking you in ...having an invisible grip on you...you seem to be paralyzed trying to get out and yet every thing that seem so clear now seem so blur....you try to focus and try to take a step but in which direction.... you listen to the song you can relate to...you put you self out there to swing for the fences....

Why - Annie Lennox
How many times do I have to try to tell you

That I'm sorry for the things I've done
But when I start to try to tell you
That's when you have to tell me
Hey...this kind of trouble's only just begun
I tell myself too many times
Why don't you ever learn to keep your big mouth shut
That's why it hurts so bad to hear the words
That keep on falling from your mouth
Falling from your mouth
Falling from your mouth
Tell me...Why........Why.....

I may be mad, I may be blind, I may be viciously unkind
But I can still read what you're thinking
And I've heard it said too many times
That you'd be better off
Besides...Why can't you see this boat is sinking
(This boat is sinking this boat is sinking)

Let's go down to the water's edge
And we can cast away those doubts
Some things are better left unsaid
But they still turn me inside out
Turning inside out turning inside out
Tell me...Why
Tell me...Why

This is the book I never read
These are the words I never said
This is the path I'll never tread
These are the dreams I'll dream instead
This is the joy that's seldom spread
These are the tears...The tears we shed
This is the fear.....This is the dread
These are the contents of my head
And these are the years that we have spent
And this is what they represent.......


"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" and that a fact!!~!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tennessee Williams :
"We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it. "

if one cant find the strength to break the upstairs window and get out of the burning house...than one can find the courage to reach back to the hand of a passer by that reaches to help from outside.

Tennessee Williams also wrote "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

:))

darthvadai said...

Thats Tennessee nt darthvadai

if one cannot relate or fully grasp the attempt to paint a picture it will be difficult to grasp the manner in which this article is trying to express it self.

When TW quoted that it was in retrospect of the human emotions of being trapped and it difficult to associate and grasp what it meant by that. Life is and will always be a one way way street

It is the same TW that wrote the 1st and 2nd and he took a step to paint the fact of human nature in 2 different forms.... the choice to break the window does not come into play... its a human factor


on the outside looking in...

anyway one man's food is another man's poison

end

Anonymous said...

"sitiaution does not change - people do"

one can grasp TW's words feel the weight in the ones heart and understand the 'prison' it puts one in - one can also wake up for a moment and look from outside in -the mirror of his own imprisoment.

"Circumstances do not make a man - it reveals him"
evolution , human instict will retaliate against the 'trapped' feeling....end of the day we like Annie Lennox ask 'why'

:)

the end

marie said...

woi why so many colours... sakit mata la!!
oh! i ate vadai today.. yumm