Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday Ramblings

Appreciating the Fear of Friendship

True friendship is a gracious virtue and a common rarity. It is a blessing that one both questions and appreciates. When foreign blood can touch our emotions so deeply that we can call that blood our own, and accept it without hesitation, then that is the day when our world will become unified. I think to to find true friendship then one must be willing to remove his anchors from their safe harbors, and allow themselves to be swept away by the sheer magnitude of their own faith. To question all that surrounds you and to judge yourself.

Y yourself coz you put yourself in that position to begin with, no point in judging others when you are flawed within?

There those among us that walk on this earth who would actually do that and I am honored to know them...but the rest I cant help feeling pity for them.


I read this with great interest

Angels With Broken Wings - Alice Shiels 10 July 2002 Angels with broken wings are still angels. They rest their tattered bodies on olive branches and fig leaves, staring at the sun. Until one day, the sun becomes hidden by the clouds... Then, while all the people within the realm of the reality that we know find solace in the warmth of their homes, protected from the cold, the angel remains outside whipped and beaten by the storm. Everyone feels sorry for her until the rain stops, and they realize her beautiful wet wings glisten even more in the sunlight after they have survived the abuses of nature... Their empathy turns to jealousy, and the wrath of their fiery eyes is too much for our poor wet angel to withstand... Too bad she's beautiful...

I am intrigued


Hurricane Katrina my frens blogs I came across this article....we just celebrated Merdeka and in my blog I questioned the value of freedom and what it had meant..today in another corner of the world..in a place called New Orleans devastated by Hurricane Katrina.. chaos had reigned in the lawlessness that followed… we live in a country never to a magnitude of devastation such as this, but if you were in this situation living and facing what they are…what would you do…...

I cyber fren wrote this blog

A week ago today....
...I filled my tank (at $2.38 a gallon) in New Orleans, thinking we "might" have to get out of town ahead of this hurricane. I made mental plans for doing a little business while on the road for a few days.
...I knew it was too late to go get any plywood to board up the house. Lines were already long at Home Depot across the river and, besides, I didn't have enough spare money to buy all that wood anyway.
...I talked to neighbors, trying to get a sense of where they'd be. I told them I planned to fire up the BBQ trailer on Labor Day and we'd have a block party.
...I was planning to drive up to Baton Rouge for a food show that night.
...I was thankful for getting a decent order from Lakeview Fine Foods on Harrison.
...I stopped and bought a new bottle of New Orleans Amber rum.
Today....
...Gas prices are over $3 a gallon, IF I can find it. The business I've conducted since has been keeping us going all week, but inventory is about gone. I have no idea when I'll be able to resume.
...I wonder what shape the Home Depot is in.
...My neighbors are scattered like talcum powder all over the map. I've been fortunate enough to find only one of them. My BBQ trailer, if it hasn't been stolen by looters, sits rusting in skanky water at my office.
...The food show place in Baton Rouge is now an emergency shelter.
...Lakeview Fine Foods is slowly draining after being immersed to its roof.
...The bottle of rum is long gone. I don't know when any more of this wonderful (and decently priced) elixir will be produced.
That said -- thanks to friends and family, we're doing okay. It's just weird to think about WTF has been going on over the past seven days.


. .....and I though I should share it in my thoughts

Have a nice Sunday

No comments: