Saturday, September 03, 2005

What a Friday!!!

"The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor."
-
Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus,

There is nt one person who would not or could nt bitch about a week they had and I found my self in that category at the tail end of it...being in a situation where 3 different people want 3 different way to project a single goal. well that management for you and the skill is trying to balance the different ideas. At time it can be pretty unnerving for one but got to fight it thru.


What a Friday, already recovering form Thursday and the lack of sleep, a couple of doses of medication followed by a good sleep did help me survive Friday. Still the after effects linger....pulling long hours at work is starting to take its toll on me.... but its fun and challenging.

By the end of Friday, the task I was working on was completed thanks to a couple people in the office. On the way out, my boss buzzed me and I updated him on the seminar and the roadshow and there I was off....famished, tired, chugging along.. I get a sms asking me bout dinner away from home....that was like a lifesaver..sometime its just the right timing of the things that takes places.

Here I was planning to head home soak in the shower pop some pills sink into bed and complete my Friday night and my lifesaver turns me nite around. Wat a fren!! So there we go to a nice cozy semi western food joint, complete with fountain, big screen and fountain to a pair of singers tucked away...there i was digging into a lovely ribeye and tiger prawn and a bottle of wine to boot....and the best thing its FREEEEEEEEE!!!.

We chisel away minutes chatting, listening the music...been a long time since we chatted and had this kind of opportunity.. we talked and talked...

of ya Shaul ... Happy Anniversary Machaaannnn!!!


Through dinner my good buddy W (who just got his lovely new Sentra) and his pal (wife) K buzzed me and asked me what we doing for dinner or the night plans. After all the borak-borak, they pair plan to pick us up after dinner... finished the wine ( mental note wine taster better when someone else paying for the bill)...

Headed back tried to set up the PC (Pentium 133) with a modem , it detected then upon connection hanged. ggggrrrrrrrrr dun know what to do with it....guess the weekend project get the old junk online....


BTW anyone want to sell their PC me desperately looking for one.


W & K & K & N nice link lol all of us went in a lovely Nissan Sentra headed to secret place...met our old fren Sam who took us in...slid to a spot behind the band and chugged some beer and dancing ( so much for being drained out) the band was not that much to shout about but a lot of bonding ( I need that)... it was fun and its been a long time since I felt this way in a group. Headed back 'very' early morning.

A nice way to end Friday…. on parting words..

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything. Muhammad Ali

No comments: