Sunday, May 28, 2006

Evaluting Friendship

The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.

I took the time this weekend, being in Port Klang and all, spending time with Jnr Vadai. I like Port Klang despite the politics and the idiots who I have to call as relatives…Something triggered me to re-evaluate the way I interact with some of my friends. I know I know I have wrote a lot bout me and the way I interact with my friends and who I value friendship. This weekend a suppressed frustration came to light and it pissed me off over a couple of sms

I treat my friends equally, a phrase I use more often then not but as time goes by friendship evolves and we are all guilty of that some friends stay, some frens move on, some frens come close and some frens just stay at the outer mark. But they are friends. It would be safe to say through years of these kind of relationships, for each human being you have faced this. Some walk out the door and walk back in some walk away... we all move on.

Some friend are happy being at a different level some aren’t. Some friend keep you away coz they like you as the once-a-while-meet-and-laugh-friend some want you close as the -he/she-got-my-back-friend then you have the classic i-know-i-can-depend-on-him-fren. Along the bylines you have hometown-frens, lepak-kaki and eventually you have come to a realization each fren is at a different level. You can dictate that level or be submissive to that level coz that the way the cookie crumble.

So today I dictate (hehe) instead of being submissive, I am a fren and I will continue to treat you as a fren, but if I feel I dont like the direction out friendship is head, I tell it to your face, think what you want of me but I think I too have a right to decide. You too have the choice to decide what level of fren you would like me to be but do not expect me to dance to it after all life is short and I am gonna enjoy it. I dun want to be muddled into complications... your a fren simple as that and where ever level you and I feel comfortable we are at will be respect by both.

"Only solitary men know the full joys of frienship. Others have their family; but to a solitary and an exile, his friends are everything." - understand it well

4 comments:

Nishanti said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. At times u can't treat everyone the same Vadai. Not all your fingers are the same and definately not all friendships.

Things gets a little messy always when u treat all the same. What kind of friendship one gets with you would be the utmost reason why not all will be and should be treated the same :).

Just as the fingers... all friendships differs and entitle for a different treatment at times...

~*~LostSoul~*~ said...

ok ... i know it's directed towards me ... but I did make effort to rekindle our relationship ... but it's ok ... I understand ... thanks ... and yea .. I'm still sick ...

darthvadai said...

Nishanti - since we neve met and chatter, I can assure you that my principal on friendship are along the lines of urs, I agree 5 fingers are not the same and this clarion call is for them to wake up not me.

People who compare have no place in my books


LS - babe sorry not directed at you but at someone else but if you feeling it...sori la not meant to sting you

~*~LostSoul~*~ said...

lalala ... n I burst on Rudi ... u bad ... now u hv to belanja me 1 booze session to make it up ... huhu ... errkkk .. once I'm 100% recovered from my sickness ...