Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Friendship

"Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends."
- Jacques Delille (1738 - 1813) French poet.


I posted this passage before " Friendship isn't always easily described. The Eskimos, they say, have a hundred different words for snow. Unfortunately, the English language isn't quite as innovative, though it has vast opportunities to differentiate....Friends are special people. We can't pick our family, and we're sorely limited in the number of them at any rate. But our friends can be as diverse and infinite as the adjectives we choose. Our friends, in a very real sense, reflect the choices we make in life."

"If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair."
- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784) British lexiographer.


Why am I posting this again coz I see people around me and in their blogs cant make 2 cents bout friendship and comentators in their blog futher critisize friendship. That ring my bell big time, I am a serious advocate of friendship and I take my friendship wiht friends seriously.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies). Sent by clovers

Yeah I have lost friendship for various reason but never for a second have lost faith in friendship merely in the people who I used to call as friends

3 comments:

Angie Siew said...

Vadai... even tho i am very notty and seems to be very notty but I love u and u r my fren! I treasure our frenship so much...

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what u mean ...
I share the same passion bout frenship :)

sorry to intrude ur blog like this.
Cudnt help myself.. had to comment

Jessie :)

darthvadai said...

Lacy - ditto

Jessi - no wories, comment away, comments are always welcome