Thursday, May 04, 2006

My day the good the bad and the ugly

"The only thing you take with you when you're gone is what you leave behind."


Today was a mixed bag of emotions... coming into work it was great to get into the day, my colleague decided to get into my hair and I put him in his place. Even though I report to him indirectly there was a need to make my stand and I did. My MD surprised the tender team that worked through the weekend with a gift for each and a pat on the back. It nice to be recognized.

Today 2 conversation/chats/sms ticked me off.

For me friendship is a 2 way street, just like in a traffic intersection you have moments that you back off and you move forward when you see a green light. This applies to all forms of relationship. The prob is when you get to an intersection when the lights fail (great illustration aint it) and just the amber light blinking, you have not damm clue what to do. So you send probe and make certain assumption, the problem is you dont know what the other side is thinking and it can get pretty irritating. I wish I could tear down the walls of innuendoes and perception and get to the point. I can so I am stuck with it


Along come with another with probing question in my life, who, where, when, why. I have lovely colorful past....If I look into the past, I can see many burdens I carried into the future. I wonder if it is not forgetting or leaving the past behind, but rather keeping the past in it's place. Remembering that all that came before helped to define who you are today......Although we learn from the past, it influences our future by making us weary of taking risks. I'm sure most of us have had our share of bad experiences.

My word is my bond, many a times to my fren is Vadai says something he will deliver, trust, respect and honor are all built on that. When what I say is questioned, it humiliates me for that I fight. I feel so sad for those who cannot let go of the past. Chances to change anotherĂ‚’s life occur at random moments and it is up to each of us to be alert to their presence and to not allow them to pass between the cracks and realize our mistake in not seeing them when it is too late. I got my chance and moved on.

3 comments:

Angie Siew said...

Hmm.. it is nice to be recognized... u r right.. after so much hard work.. of cos we want our superior to pat our back and says good!

My performance appraisal is tomolo... wish me luck.. its for increment~

darthvadai said...

u have my luck nt the the rest

Nishanti said...

well let's just say your are lucky and not everyone out there are lucky as you are.