Monday, May 01, 2006

Player?? Whats that

A player (known in the UK as a womanizer) is a U.S. based slang term for an individual who plays the field and has multiple active sexual relationships simultaneously. Sometimes spelled as "playa" in the context of hip-hop culture.

In practice, "player" is normally used to apply to men, but the term can just as easily be applied to women, as there are players of both genders. There are two main types of players, short and long term players, these two types are distinguished only by their goals. They practice in much the same way, using deception and romantic attachment or feelings to their advantage to get what they want.

Short term players are individuals who are generally after "marking the bed post" in having as many sexual partners as possible. They often are known to brag about this number, even telling their partner what number they are after the deed.

Long term players are individuals who generally sleep with the same few sexual partners for years, and use their romantic attachment for a place to stay, or other essential items.

According to stereotype, a player is an individual whose seduction skills and sexual attractiveness are exceptional enough to have multiple sex partners simultaneously, or during the same time frame.

7 comments:

Nishanti said...

I'm playerres hehehe I guess this is the term use for a woman!

naraknas said...

Female players to "Teddywood" pls thanx....

Anonymous said...

am not shy to admit that i used to be a player. whenever a guy starts falling in love with me, i always grab 112 CD and play track no 10.
-VS-

I'm a player..... girl I thought you knew
When you started messin around with me, knew I wouldn't commit to you
Cause I'm a player...... and I know you can't see it in my eyes......
Everyone says that I'm innocent, and it should come as no surprise....
That I'm a player........... and I really think you need to know
That I can't love you right now baby, 'cause I need more time to grow.......

darthvadai said...

waaaaaaa i want track 10 i want i want

Anonymous said...

hmmmn i read somewhere quite sometime ago that 'player' is one who has more than 1person they are dating/sleeping with. But each of the person think they are the only one. He/she does not disclose they are actually 'playing the field'. Once caught the player losses the game. I have a galfren who has made an art out of it..but when caught she realy malu.
Its more deception than seduction...lets not confuse that :)

~*~LostSoul~*~ said...

If according to FV, then I'm considered a player too ... bah ... I want track no. 10 too can?

Old^LaDy said...

Are u a player? am i a player?
god knws...