Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Being Tag Teamed over dinner

I guess I got suckered into this position. From time to time we get conned into a position and regretfully have to draw the lines on far we can bend the rules. So an innocent dinner meeting changed to a proposal for business.

Thanks to my boss I ended up with this on my head. After heading to Low Yatt for another procurement session it started to rain on the later part of the evening. My boss buzzes me to meet some former distributors and sort out their order so the client does not get affected. A quick shower and I was out of the door for my 7.30pm dinner meeting.

Santini is a nice cozy place and having the Business Development Manager and Sales Manager both females, was not an easy task. Dinner was great and more importantly FOC lol only drawback is I am not drinking. They drank though.

The food is really good and well priced - they have a brick pizza oven behind the bar and you watch the chef make your pizza. The restaurant is located at the Suria KLCC, right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. It provides guests with an exciting view of the fountain and landscaped walkway.

Generally its not easy to say no to someone who lavish you with food. But our policy is a policy and I was hard head bout it. So we have a lovely dinner, company was lovelier and build with what we got without bending the rules too much. There was lots of lobbying and innuendoes in the end, everybody goes home happi and full Burp!!. Oh yeah they have to buy me beer next time.

So left by 9+ headed home exhausted and KO terus. Damm tiring day

No comments: