Thursday, December 14, 2006

Repairing your own Car Part 2

Having an MSN chat with Jen was talking bout a nagging problem I been having my radiator past few weeks. I pinned it down to the water pump leaking. In my opinion it was not as serious as I had the temperature under control. I had to replace the unit eventually. At the back of my mind I did realise the graveness of the problem and how the cost and bill and damage could spiral out of control, If my gamble did not work out

Jen drilled into me fact I had already known and in a space of one hour the following had taken place

a) Fark Badminton
b) Get a detailed understanding of the problem
c) Immediately told the Sifu
d) Sifu got to procure the parts (talk about speed)
e) Confirm Part got
f) Make plans to repair that very night
g) Confirm the time to meet in Sifu workshop


Well it was awesome repairing you own car (especially when ur on a tight budget) and I had not 1 but 2 Sifu. Snr Sifu and Jnr Sifu and I was like a dumb deer caught in the headlights of the as they went on rambling (time to shut up). So like an apprentice started t work on the car as they instructed me in areas where they application was needed they stepped in. I could say I did about 70% of the work and finally a new water pump for the car was installed along the way the mounting for my aircond was adjusted, aircond gas topped up ( as if I was not cold enough) and tested the car and it worked successfully. Jen also snapped a pic of me working on the car.

The finish product was gratifying. (see pics)

Damage
Water Pump RM50
Radiator Butterfly thingy RM2
Roti Canai & Tea RM 7
After work Belanja Makan Hokkien Mee & Cantonese Mee RM 15 for Jnr Sifu, Snr Sifu and the baby girl (till today amazed at my facial hair and swimming pool)

The cost of shivering all the way back home PRICELESS!!!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh a sweating man with grease on him..sexy
come on show us a pic with the tshirt off...can make next year calendar....hehehe

darthvadai said...

oooo sparks back

me all average joe

simple direct to the point no more drama

aint calendar material

recycle maybe