Sunday, December 10, 2006

A phone call

With more and more

Got a phone call from an Uncle, (I did get a heads up he will call) his daughters wedding coming up and to invite personally. Long story short, was not planning to go coz of of my cousin, there was no purpose but how have to put that aside for the bigger picture.

In a family of 36 over cousins I been the rebel and the black sheep, I been the hot head as well the 1st to roll the sleeves in any event be it a wedding and a funeral. I never been afraid of throwing a plate at a relative or standing up to face one. So when the call came, I knew what it meant. Here is a guy touching 60 (that I look up to) asking a guy half his age in not so direct term to forgive the tresspassing of his daughter and support him. Do I be an asshole and hold on to my ego?

He knows I am in KL (not so big secret anymore) and it being on Friday made my mind muddle more. In the end I probably go, a compramise maybe, forsaking my position maybe but it dun change whats between me and her. Guess my mom would be surprised

No comments: