Tuesday, February 13, 2007

and they say Lightning never strikes twice..

and they say Lightning never strikes twice at the same place..... waaaachaaaaaaa

Gloating time.... I had a shitty Monday cleaning up other people mess but not in a quiet way...... further which being on leave for the coming week means I had to delegate work as well as clear my table. Having missed the battle of the bands over the weekend further added to my frustration despite the top two guys calling me to ask how I was doing gave me a small measure of comfort.

My usual daily conversation with Jen help deflect some anguish... even an invitation to go with him to meet the Siemens chick (slipped me mind she was Malayalam and here was I suggesting David to meet her) for PR work sheesh.

Anyway my evening was better then my day, firstly a fruitful meeting with my DSP who time and time again has impressed upon me how valuable I am to him... secondly meeting up Jen for our usual cup of "caya" and our usual intellectual discourse over all matters ( a good man to have in a storm).

Fustal was fucking great. I dun know if it was the "caya" or the 2 half boil eggs I had or my medical situation or the stars aligned in what manner Futsal was great, I played all position till one point after winning I drop to my knees panting for breath. No, I was not trying to kill my self or be a mad man but if felt good on the court. I have adapted well to playing sweeper where I sit back and try to build the game ( my lack of fitness was also a contributing factor) so time to time my foray into the goal was both worth it. I ran my self to the ground and when I could not contribute I stepped back being a goalie and build thru there.


Kodak moment (same like 2 weeks ago), a clearance/shot at goal that had the work goal all over it.....

This time playing for the weaker team, sweeper role as usual....being attacked again and again as we fight hard to stay on the turf... I block a short pass... ball spill free near my D on coming attacker is gonna take a shot, I look up to see him and in my line of sight I see the goal... wishful thinking? Why not! This time I was aiming for the goal as I got to the ball 1st and in one sweeping motion lobbed the ball. Not I have to say even for me, technically its a tough shot ( I got to be realistic and brag a bit also)

On a Futsal court there net above so you can lift the ball to high to lob as it will hit the roof... and again the minute the ball left my feel... I arch my head left to get a better view... the ball in mid flight my hands were in the air (ala Shearear) knowing it was going it as I had guess the keeper was offf the line and the ball sailed and dipped perfectly into Goal!!!!

(Gloating time) goal!!!!! gooooaaaallllll!!!! go .go...go..goooooooooaaalll!!!!

Awesome (though we did lose 2-1)

After the game it began to drizzle as I was driving back passing Sunway there was fire works display (dun now why).... parked the car at the side of the road sat on the boot leaning back.. feeling the drizzle and watching magnificent fireworks!!!

It made my day.... Lovely


No comments: