Thursday, February 22, 2007

Crossing the Rubicon

Its funny coz not so long ago I blogged about this very topic.

I had a superb 6 days away, time ot regroup, think laugh felt pain joy tear scare... all to be blogged....

I felt I had to write bout this.

In its metaphorical sense, passing the point of no return can be used synonymously with crossing the Rubicon — taking a course of action with significant and irreversible consequences.

The use of crossing the Rubicon derives from the crossing of the river Rubicon by Julius Caesar in 49 BC, who thereby violated Roman law and rendered armed conflict inevitable. As Caesar said at the time: "alea iacta est" ("the die is cast").

Many a time we are faced with such a predicament, I choose the word predicament because at time it can be for no fault of our own. I look in the mirror and I can see my life riddled with predicaments. Hard choices we had to make. The most difficult were one made on the spur of the moment, when you back is to the way. The fuse is lit and there is no turning back.

Its never easy, and in the end there is never a win-win solution, in life sometimes we have to lose. I look back to learn not to wish it was different. There are times in your life the choices you make affect others, and the choices others make affect you. Like it or you have to pick your self up and move forward and sometimes alone.

I am where I am because somewhere, at some point in time decision, choices made lead me to where I am now. I could wish for the world but I am a realist, in a few short weeks I turn a year older. I fight the fight thats need to be fought, win the battles I need to win, I still smile, I still laugh, I still cry and I still hurt but isnt that what being human is.

I am still alive and moving on

Tony D'Amato: On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is - can you win or lose like a man?

for a friend


Tony D'Amato: That's what a leader's about: sacrifice. The times he's gotta sacrifice because he's gotta lead, by example. Not by fear and not by self-pity.

No comments: