Thursday, July 26, 2007

Agony, Frustration, Despair then F#$%ing Estacy



Dateline Wed,

Had an appoint with CIMB Kelana Jaya in the evening after all the yada yada walked out of there frustrated but there was some silverlining.

Met Jen and it started pouring then picked Chip and headed off f
or badminton. Maybe the vibes were not good, maybe my mind was somewhere else, warmed the bench for the the 1st 2 sets then stepped on to the court, and for the past 2 continuous session when I warm up with the shuttle I seem to be having a bone jarring pain whenever I drive the shuttle back but not during the game... a cause for concern.

My backhand failed miserably today, in almost every set we allowed our opponents to speed a head then we had to play catch up. No matter who I paired with the result was the same, need to IMPROVE!!!

I have to start cross training, jogging, swimming, badminton and hockey to help build up my stamina and upperbody and I got to start allocating time for it. Left badminton a little frustrated but a good workout.

Left Badminton by 8 and went for hockey. What a turn around of events.

We played in and out meaning you play with one goalkeeper 5 or 6 aside like basketball if u win the ball form the attack u got to move the ball out to the 25 yard line then become the attacker and you got to score


My Side, J (15), S (46), C (51), S (53)


Their side, K(52), V(34), Ki(24), J(45), C(44) player one half

They out numbered us 1 half. Honestly we were the underdogs, not only by number but by technical capabilities.


We employed zonal marking, I took a more central position coz I could bark out orders and have better anticipation. We did well everyone played with heart, opening goal was superb we had turn over the game and the ball move to the 25 i ran from the goal line pulling a defender calling for the ball, I saw C at the edge of the circle to my left as my back to goal as the ball came in I was charged in by t
he defender as i deflected the ball to C he came into the circle, I had dropped to my knee exhausted, I could hear a number of "oh shit" form the opposing side..I screamed "finish it!!" what a beauty about 12 yards form the goal on a 25 or 30 degree angle keeper in check at the post no defender all scrambling to close him, C unleashed a cracked and the ball sounded the board between the post and the keeper. Hur Rah!!!

We play hard when they attacked we defended hard the keeper was excellent for both of us... 3rd goal was awesome we play from the top circle i faked to the right of the goal the defender not sure who to mark i got the ball bout 10 ya
rds out of the coal to the right bout a 40 degree angle then keeper does nto come to charge me down.. I look at him and feel one defender coming I take a deep breath one feet in front and slam the ball closing my eyes with all my might the ball flew mid thigh past the keeper. Goal!!!! Gooooooooooooooool gol gol gol
We played and ended the half 4-0, the more experiences and definitely fitter side did not know what hit them and we enjoyed and milked every second of ribbing them being the bigger underdogs.

Now it was 5 on 5 but we were tired not just me but all of us but we were on a high. Either by luck or by sheer desperation or skill we manage to ward of wave after wave of attack and we work the ball back they got careless and we got luck as we put the 2 most tired and weakest closer to the goal. we raised the
bar to 6-0.

One more goal to seal the game CS and I were working tirelessly at one point there was about 10 minutes of continues attacked we could not just control the ball to the 25... it was sheer frustration, body aching, sweat drenched.

We got control of the ball at the side lines, my 2 guys on withe side of the goal pulling the defender.. S get a side line hit, C pulls a defe
nder... I run in to the circle draggin the defender with me leading him to think the ball gonna come to me, then I spin off running out of the circle, S sees me free and send a 30-40yard cross a cracking shot to top of the circle. I collect the ball inside of me thinking dun fuck this up.

I collect neatly one step into the D, the defender now closing me facing him I fake a left causing him to jerk right then i pull to my right he is off balance, as the ball spills free I have a clear shot at goal, the keeper coming out to close the area. I slip!!! my right feet slips I lose balance (this what happens when you use worn out shoes). The keeper goes to the ground on a bad fake, he is flat covering the go
al

All in slow motion now, tired exhausted the ball spills free a yard or 2 in front of me , the defender recoving I lurch forward to get my balance one step with my right then with my left as i position my self I look to see the keeper covering the goal flat, m too tired to flick it over the keeper, with the defences coming in to check me I have only one shot to make it good, inside m saying vadai dun fuck this up, I let out a scream and full stretch with what ever I could muster, whack the life out of the back, literally and physically. the ball sailed along the ground between the post and the keeper pads and cracked the back board. On my feet knee bent back arched hands and stick in the air I let out a cry in celebration.

My team almost all of us sinked to out knees slowly we got up the opposing team coming to congratulate us. Brought me back to my memories of the game versus the Kiwi at 1988.

Awesome, heck I was on such a high could not even sleep till 1am, browsing Tom Clancy as the minutes ticked away.


No comments: