Saturday, July 07, 2007

Appreciation Dinner

It was nostalgic to meet people from yester years such was a gathering in Royal Selangor Club who had stepped down A Tan Sri was being feated and I was in attendence.

It was nice to se the new and old faces as many stepped up to shake my hands. It was also nice to see people who felt guilty actually walk up to you and talk like nothing happened. My DSP fren turned to me and said they must be feeling really guilty lol.

True, from the previous blog on why i walked away and until now I have not had any remorse standing there. I was a man who walked away and stood tall admist all the politics and dirty linen being washed. Sitting in that dinner, I was proud of where I stood now. There even calls for me to come back to the fold promising this and that, alas, its too late and its time to move on. Its time to say your good byes and move on.

There were many pats on my back and well wishes the most significant was a Tan Sri with his arms around me saying to the on looking crowd, here is a guy who had the courage to make change and the courage to walk away. Made me smile lol

No comments: