Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fernando "The KID" Torres




Liverpool Football Club has announced that Spanish striker Fernando Torres passed a medical on Tuesday and will complete his move to Anfield later today. The 23-year-old is expected to make the deal official this afternoon before being unveiled to the media. Fernando José Torres Sanz (born March 20, 1984) is a Spanish football player, whom after signing a new contract, will play for Liverpool.


The player nicknamed El Nino (The Kid) because of his youthful appearance was selected for the 2006 World Cup in Germany, where he scored three goals. In May 2007 Torres hit the headlines when he revealed the words 'You'll Never Walk Alone' on the inside of his captain's armband during a match against Real Sociedad.

Robbie "The God" Fowler is sure the striker has the quality required to turn Liverpool into genuine title contenders. He said: "His goals record has been fantastic in Spain. He has scored plenty of goals for his country as well. I think he will be a great player for Liverpool. "I am a Liverpool fan and I hope he brings the championship to us. "Since I have been playing, we've never won that and, as I said before, I am a fan, so I want Liverpool to win everything. "Signing players of this calibre will only help the club to get in a position where they can challenge for titles."

No comments: