Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Annie Lennox No More I Love You's

I used to be lunatic from the gracious days
I used to be woebegone and so restless nights

My aching heart would bleed for you to see

Oh but now...(I don't find myself bouncing round whistling and fortunes to make me cry)
No more "I love you's" The language is leaving me
No more "I love you's" Changes are shifting outside the word

(The lover speaks about the monsters)
I used to have demons in my room at night
Desire,despair,desire,so many monsters

Oh but now...(I don't find myself bouncing round whistling and fortunes to make me cry)
No more "I love you's" The language is leaving me

No more "I love you's" The language is leaving me in silence
No more "I love you's" Changes are shifting outside the word

They were being really crazy They were on the come.
And you know what mammy? Everybody was being really crazy.
Uh huh. The monsters are crazy. There are monsters outsides.

No more "I love you's" The language is leaving me
No more "I love you's" The language is leaving me in silence
No more "I love you's" Changes are shifting outside the word
Outside the word



Annie Lennox has always had a phenomenal voice and vocal control. A very haunting song for a very memorable voice...Annie Lennox...god I love that voice...She is a brilliant performer and a sometimes-great songwriter. This song is a remake... but she makes it greater... "No More I Love You's" - the soaring vocals are just gorgeous, and easily draw you into singing along. I know I do...a song can be different meaning for each erson and I may relate to it differently compared to the next soul..

Honestly, I have no idea what this song's about...or what was in her mind when they wrote this... but i think it's about a person who has previously been needy in relationships waking up and realizing they can't depend on other people to continually make them happy, or constantly afraid of being left by the other person. No more restless nights, demons, feeling so much desire and dispair over a person. Someone haunted by the failed relationships in their past, and not wanting any more empty, meaningless relationships. Time to move on..Maybe thats why I love this song

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Darth,

Well I think the song is writen on frustration and hurt. But then without all these feelings of hurt one's life will never grow. The song by Kate Winslet "What If" speaks about hurt too but more on questions as "What if's". One will never know what would it be like if their lifes were perfect on the rough end. Life is a weird, unique, unpredictable as the weather.... or a tsunami attack. Hurts are part of life. Songs are part of expression... yet i don't think sad songs or no more i love u's will prevail long because down the road.... someone, somehow... love will find a way back in the heart of those who deserves it no matter how much they try to DENY!

U have a nice day

marie said...

oOoo do we have to start with Dearest Darthvadai???

Anyway... i love this song... breaks my heart everytime

darthvadai said...

Elton John was one of the few who sang...Sad songs say so much

"Guess there are times when we all need to share a little pain
And ironing out the rough spots
Is the hardest part when memories remain
And it’s times like these when we all need to hear the radio
`cause from the lips of some old singer
We can share the troubles we already know

Turn them on, turn them on
Turn on those sad songs"

and songs such as "And I guess that’s why they call it the blues"


There is a song for every occasion ...though we may not remember them..they have a habit of sneaking up each time we are happy, sad, joyful, having an orgasm lol so to speak

I relate a scene form Jerry Mcguier when he leves Kush's house jubilant switching stations looking for the righ song we rock to...he found one and enjoyed the moment...just like all of us ...we dun live by the song....but when the right song comes for the rihgt moment...perfecto!!!

that what a song means to me

Anonymous said...

Its not so much of the song but how we associate ourselves to it....the moments, the meaning to us, how we feel when hear it. Its like a perfume....the aftershave....the pheromones of a person that has left/leaves a signature in our heart...it triggers our senses - their 'presense'when we come across the same smell...we can close our eyes and smell them. when we hear the songs re-live the moments we cherish. The song is about your heart at this moment Vadai this are the moments you smile as you wipe silent tears away...

darthvadai said...

Song are songs, memories are momories and perfume is perfume and stink is stink

they each have a purpose, a role, a page to write. For each human it will be different... for me there are memories that i wash away some i hold close..some sadly i choose to burn... but they are mine

but as i said this is a blog bout a song and what i think about it means. Dun over analyze it.... its just a blog