Monday, February 13, 2006

Big Fish Story Part 2

It all boils down to my good fren David and his lust for fishing....and we getting the spoils....

If you have been following my blog consistently you will find a piece on David and the Fish…

Flashback Friday night/Saturday morning...Alphie zoomed in bout 1am…after my rescue mission at 1.30am to pick a fren from Captain Cabin who had passed out, with David’s help we rested the fren in bed..thank got the fren was light lol.

So Saturday morning and I mean early morning after a guys night in my house (it helps when the ladies all go out on dates and some dont come back lol) Its me, David and Alphie, enjoying the night without having people to fuss over us in my apartment. I had started earlier bout 9pm watching American Idol and the subsequent programs starting the tap on Vodka. Popped a new bottle when Aplhie came and David arriving later we carried on…by 3am I was too sleepy and excused my self so it was Alphie and David till 4am and the tossing the key into the house contest as they left.

Any normal human being would have gone home to sleep by my good fren David decided to go Fishing…..and behold he caught 2 Lovely Siakap fish…he buzzes me bout 10 am saying he is bringing it over. I had left the house by 9am as I had made an appointment with L to set up the new apartment….having overslept of course… David drop the fish off with Dory and crash at my place citing not enough sleep. That David for you….. So I finished setting L place by about 3 plus and still not finished…so difficult when you have limited tools. I zoomed to Batu Caves then got back. (that’s another blog)

Back to the fish… we decided the guys were going to cook dinner and since the ladies were out of the house what else better. I grabbed Aplhie we sent out invites to a few frens soon, Tooth, A & A, VS and David who arrived late completed a late dinner. Kalai had backed out and Warrren was vegetarian….Tried to invite XXXie but she had not recovered enough…Lacy had a Yee Sang function and a few other I had invited all turn down...Teddy too(babysitting his dad)



So bout 8 of us having dinner in a table fit for 6…it was nice having A & A…I went thru a marathon to de-scale the fish and cut it up…. Alphie cooked Sambal pedas for one fish while I made the steam ginger and wine for the other fish…by late past dinner time the fish were ready and we yum yum makan. The sambal pedas was really pedas and Tooth could not handle it….but surprisingly A was lapping it up… she was sititng behind me and kep insisting for more sambal until one point I went to the shove and took the remaining batch for her.


We adjourned after dinner having some ice cream…VS loaded Scent of a Woman Alpacino (A 1992 movie The Scent of a Woman is very satisfying on many levels. The character development is superb, dialogue terrific, glamorous locations and a story line that requires the characters to show themselves to be the people they really are. The film has a lot of funny lines and great drama…Pacino succeeds marvellously in portraying a blind man. I never in doubt for a second that he does, in fact, live in total darkness. Yet others, like the cop, probably the spectators in the restaurant in the tango scene, don't realize it. Ironically enough.) …..we all we rooted to watching till the end.

A&A left by about 1am as they had to go back…the rest stayed till the movie was over past 2am and slowly headed back home. It was a pleasure having them over and I probably do it again and again. Thanks David & Aplhie for making it happen.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! who's the indian machan next to u?

darthvadai said...

for me to know for you to find out



oi u want to reamin anonymous and yet u ask of other where for fair

Anonymous said...

Eee.. i am sorry i miss this function!!! My company got yee sang... 999 feet! cannot miss... attendance was compulsory... sulking all the way cos i am ALONE!!! Semut got function. So he gotta leave me alone! I sulk like shit!

Anonymous said...

the ikan that you cook so sedap. sambal pedas so pedas

Yet i had a good time going to your house. u forgot the chocolate ice cream part

hehehe