Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Its your choice (there willl be consequences)

The other night while remote-clicking my way around the television on the Astro I came across a few compelling, intriguing and questioning shows while it futher drove me into a spiral since I landed in Port Klang

I sms to a fren "I say this to you as a fren, through the years I have known you.. I have never masked or come in between my admiration, my respect and my awe of you to your work and family. As individuals, we are where we are, because of the choices we make and the paths we choose, that we cant change. We will (our frens too) from time to time, also review the choices for self assurance. Its like a check and balance. Sometimes there comes chances and opportunities to change back or return back to a similar or parallel path but they will NEVER be the same. There are choices you have to address and value them for what they are. Choices!!!"

After sending out this sms I kept on reading it again and again... I know there are some decision I would not change even if I had the choice to "crossing the Rubicon" some paths that I might want to have a parallels to, some avenues I will open again

Thats life.


No doubt most of us have made choices we regret, especially when we are young and inexperienced and really don't know better. Although the choices we made may not have had the devastating physical results experienced pf a man in a wheelchair, they may still have powerful and long-lasting consequences in our lives.

Consider the choices made by a teenager who gives up a baby for adoption. A young woman who marries a man who physically abuses her. A decision to go to law school to appease parents. Ignoring warning signs of health problems. Being imprudent about managing your money. All these choices can lead to misgivings and regrets down the road. This in turn will force you to make new choices, difficult ones, about redirecting your life, redefining relationships, taking better care of yourself, saving money.

We all go through a learning process in life. Friends and family (especially family) may try to tell you what to do with your life and try to direct your future. Sometimes we listen, sometimes we don't. When we're young we think we know what is best for us and make decisions accordingly. Sometimes those decisions turn out to be real duds. I know. I made quite a few of them myself!

I think it was Maya Angelou who said something to the effect that you do the best you can with what you know. And when you know better you do better. When we're young and have little life experience we make decisions based on limited knowledge. As a result, we may end up doing some silly or impetuous things.

Life goes on.... write down in a piece of paper make a wise decision. AS a fren I will be here. Like how my life is my business.... you life if you business...but hey I am just a Vadai holding a sign by the road... you can stop, pause or just drive by. That YOUR CHOICE

No comments: