Monday, June 12, 2006

Friday with Jnr Vadai

Friday I had gone to do the Ketua Polis Selangor Cup, was a splash and dash, umpire the finals of the game. The Guest of Honour was a familiar face in the form of the Timbalan Ketus Polis Selangor.

Not to brag, they need an umpire that can handle the game and DSP M called me since I had been doing the tournament past 5 years and the last 4 finals. I had not held a wistle in a long time but as the saying goes it was riding a bike.

Jnr Vadai upon hearing I was down, ask me to promise him that I take him to the stadium since he had not been there in a long time. No one to watch him while I umpire, so I told them to drop him at the stadium after the finals. After they had sorted out their politics...sigh...just to bring him to the stadium... he arrived, by that time most of the crowd has started to depart as it was the closing ceremoy.

I notice a vastly different bahaviour, he was calm though excited to play, I got him a junior stick that I had been carrying around in my car past 6 mths. A smile to light the darkest corners. Took Jnr Vadai for the closing tea ceremony, he was on cloud nine, shaking hands with everyone, introducing himself, calling everyone uncle even the Timbalan Ketua Polis Selangor.

After the closing tea ceremony took him to the turf and let him loose. Even to get him to pose for a photo was difficult. Imagine a bird set free and flying, that was Jnr Vadai, words cant descrive how I felt inside to see him play. Some of my polis fren even came tothe field to watch and play with him. Kodak Moment!!!

When we finished he came over and hugged me can see he really enjoyed it...if only the idiots of home could see what I see lol. Set a kid free and you will see magic.

No comments: