Sunday, June 11, 2006

How he lived

Emperor Meiji: Tell me how he died.
Algren: I will tell you how he lived.


How do you measure a man’s greatness? – By his ideals; by how he lived; by his conduct; by what he achieved while he was alive; by how he is thought of by his wife; his children; his people; his peers; his colleagues; by other communities; by world leaders; by history.

As I live my life day by day, month by month we look back to measure how much we have acheived and how we are proud of ourself. Thats important, are you proud what you have achieved. It aint about the riches, the power, the car you drive and all the other benefits of life.
Its something else, lets see if you know.

Over the past few day juggling a trip to Klang to help a police fren with a match, time with junior vadai, the World Cup opening match and blurred vision..I had to deal with certain people I call frens. There come a point where you have to drawn lines when an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction ..No point wasting blog space to entertain them.

Those who are prejudicial, assumptive, accusive, and make claims, the fallacy is you are at the window looking in and forever will be by that window but know this... "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

For my obituary will read how he lived not how he died.

No comments: