Monday, October 23, 2006

Friendship of Many YEARS

“It is painful to consider,” wrote Samuel Johnson about friendship, “that there is no human possession of which the duration is less certain.”

Too true. Some friendships die on their own, of simple agitation, having been quietly allowed to lapse by the unacknowledged agreement of both parties. Others break down because time has altered old friends, given them different interests, values, points of view. And then of course there are the friendships that end when one friend betrays or is felt to betray the other, or fails to come through in a crisis, or finds himself violently disputing the other on matters of simplest reasons

We volunter into a bond and fight to keep the bond, sometimes we fight harder then ther other coz we feel strongly about it, maybe the other just dun see, sometimes we walk away as it drains us too much. I have walked away from friendship without regrets.

As I sat with my friends discusion and catching up, a particular topic. Any regrets walking away. I asked my self and realised the answer was NO, I also realised I bent backaward to adapt, to help, to be there but I never look if the same was done for me. Did not have to, dun need to. Last night ran into another bunch of friends but it was not like before, we had grown out of friendship...

Today I celebrate a frienship of many years, ups downs and pain and sorrow, but a fren is my fren and its my buddy. Happy Anniversay. Friendship and marriage have much in common. Like marriage, friendship is a voluntary relationship. Today I celebrate a frienship with a dear friend seems like a decade of relationship with many mile stones, hope there are many more

No comments: