Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Why Men Never Remember And Women Never Forget

EXTRACT

...Diversity is great, but tolerance and understanding are rare. Men often expect women to think and behave as men, and vice-versa. When this doesn't happen, we can be impatient to the point of rudeness. Women frequently assume an insult or indifference that isn't there. Men are frequently miffed when women dredge up an issue we thought was already resolved. The misperceptions can easily poison a relationship, and often do.

But men and women are attracted to each other precisely because we are different. We complement each other. Perhaps if we understand in what ways we are constitutionally different, we'll not only tolerate the differences but learn to enjoy them......

To quote a book " Most men can't remember where they were when they kissed a girl for the first time, or even what her name was. But ask them what they recall about the first car they drove, and they'll tell you the make, the model year, the engine size, and even the exact punishment they got for driving their friend's dad's car without permission and without a license."

Last night was interesting we had a session bout remembering things... I failed miserably... I could remember significant events, I could remember slam bang events but others fail me. I wont go into specifics

I thought I was the only one.... For example ... a uncle could get into an argument with his wife and forget what the argument was about 15 minutes later. A wife will get into an argument with her husband and remember every little detail 15 years later. Sigh!!! When it comes to remembering arguments, wives play totally unfair. I won't say they take notes during arguments, but women seem to have an uncanny knack for remembering certain things that men forget, like details.


In the end the event turned sour a little coz things that the other party thought we should have rememebered we did not. All I can say if the minute you judged in details then a package your losing the battle... its not that guys dun want to remember or purposely forget... its just us being us....then again we could lie!!!



A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in their bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.
"What's the matter, dear?" she whispers as she steps into the room.
"Why are you down here at this time of night?"

The husband looks up from his coffee. "Do you remember twenty years ago when we were dating, and you were only 16?" he asks solemnly. "Yes, I do," she replies.

The husband paused. The words were not coming easily. "Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car making love?"

"Yes, I remember" said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.

The husband continued. "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail for twenty years?’"

"I remember that, too" she replied softly.

He wiped another tear from his cheek and said . . .

"I would have gotten out today."

No comments: