Saturday, October 28, 2006

St.Louis Cardinals World Series Champions 2006

I am sports fan, I try to keep abreast of the major sporting events around the World, Why? coz I love it and in my line of work I meet and interact wiht people fomr all over the world

For instance Aussie its Rugby, Cricket, Aussie Rules, Americans, American Football, American Baseball. Not having Astro, I was fortunate to catch the MLB World Series which would be baseball highest crown. Major Leagur Baseball World Series which pitted St.Louis Cardinals versus Detriot Tigers.


An awesome series that stretched 5 matches with the Cardinals winning Game 5 to take a 4-1 victory.

Game 3,4 & 5 were classic games with super pitching and batting and field reminded me of the World Series when the Marlins upset the Yankees. This was the same story a classic, the team with the lowest number of wins in the League going on to win the World Series. Love the underdogs

St.Louis Cardinals World Series Champions 2006

The Cardinals won their first World Series championship since 1982 on Friday night, topping the American League champion Tigers, 4-2, in Game 5 of the 102nd Fall Classic. It is World Series title No. 10 in 17 tries for one of baseball's signature organizations -- the most of any National League team.

No comments: