Sunday, November 05, 2006

Day 5

Its not like I went advertising that I took a bet to stop drinking, then again even the faintest hint was on day 3in the blog here.... I kind of been bombarded how, why, when etc etc some even thought I was pulling a prank. Well what landed me in this bet was both my lazer mouth and my ego and my thick headedness

Here we were banter going between my and my dear cousins and kind of got out of hand... which lead to a discussion bout if I could stop drinking (not that my drinking was out of control). So a dare bacame a bet for 30 days not to touch alcohol, my and my big mouth turned it to 45 days. Why 45 days? Dun know just plucked it out of the air, completing forgetting I have a few event coming up.

So what better challange then to go thru these events and not drink. I mean I could sneak behind my cousin bet and drink, then that would not be me. So bets on. Events on. 40 more days and counting

A man goes into a bar and orders three beers at the same time. Bartender serves him. This practice is repeated every night for many nights and finally the barkeep questions the man about the practice of three beers. He explains that every night at the same time his two brothers do the same at their local bar. He further explains that the first beer is for his brother Bill in Boston, the second his for the brother in New York and the last is his. After several years, night after night, one night he orders only two beers, and as the bartenders is serving him he offers his regrets upon the death of one of his brothers, obviously the reason for only two beers. The patron thanks him for his concern, but he explains that he had decided to stop drinking.

The anology - you can go to a bar but you dun have to drink

No comments: