Thursday, November 02, 2006

M proud of my cousin

I hold my cousin in high esteem and we are a close bunch, they know most about me.... they are a lovely bunch. R is a darling and a mosest genius, was the one who accompanied my on the swing last year. (refer to old posting)

She told me about this during Deepavali but I did not have the time to post but since its out in today's paper, I must ackowledge and print,

In the NST today she picked up the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Scholarships. 3 years all paid expences. Well done R. I farking proud of you. Clap Clap Clap



10 receive King’s scholarship

02 Nov 2006



KUALA LUMPUR: Nik Noor Jehan Nik Mokhtar’s dream to pursue postgraduate studies in one of the world’s top universities was fulfilled yesterday.

She received the good news from Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin who presented her the scholarship offer letter at Istana Negara.

She is among 10 recipients of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Scholarships introduced this year. "I never expected to further my studies in Oxford University," said the 22-year-old.

Five of the scholarship recipients will be pursuing their Masters and another five in PhDs in science and technology subjects of their choice.

Another recipient, Yee Wen Huei, 24, had chosen to pursue his Masters in Automotive Engineering in Michigan University, United States.



The 10 were selected from 283 applications. Once they have completed their studies, they are not bonded to work for the government but it is compulsory for them to return to Malaysia and work in the public or private sector.