Sunday, August 27, 2006

MY Team

On my msn I have a tag line "Vadai is at Kop end" Many chatters not familiar with 'Kop' always asked me what that actually meant. I would not call my self a hardcore suppport of a team but sink or swim we are loyal to one team. My team is Liverpool and they play in the English Premier League.

Liverpool Football Club (usually known simply as Liverpool) are a professional football club based in Liverpool, in the north west of England. They play in the FA Premier League and are the most successful club in the history of English football. (No arguments there). The club was founded on March 15, 1892 by John Houlding, the owner of Anfield. Houlding decided to form his own team after Everton left Anfield in an argument over rent. The original name was to be Everton F.C. and Athletic Grounds, Ltd., or Everton Athletic for short, but was changed to Liverpool F.C. after The Football Association refused to recognise the team as Everton. Liverpool were elected to the Football League two years later.

Liverpool FC
Liverpool emblem
Full name Liverpool Football Club
Nickname(s) The Reds
Founded 1892
Ground Anfield Stadium
Liverpool
Capacity 45,362

No comments: