Friday, July 07, 2006

Losing My Religion - Insanity/Depressions

Where ever I can be, doing whats ever I am doing this song would make me freeze on my tracks, this is by far one of the most haunting song I have even come across, I put this up in the ranks of Queen, the kind of song that make you pause, reflect, its got a lot of personal meaning to me back then days when I was a volunteer councelor at the hospital overseas, haunting moments and dark moments that though me a lot.

Life is bigger, It's bigger than you
And you are not me, The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes, Oh no I've said too much
I set it up

That's me in the corner, That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion, Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much, I haven't said enough
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper, Of every waking hour I'm
Choosing my confessions, Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, Oh no I've said too much
I set it up

Consider this (2x), The hint of the century
Consider this, The slip that brought me
To my knees failed, What if all these fantasies
Come flailing around, Now I've said too much
I thought that I heard you laughing, I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream, That was just a dream
That's me in the corner, That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion, Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it, Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough, I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing, I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream, That was just a dream


In a way its about insanity/depression. How when one looses their way, their belief, their fate they internally loose themselves. The isolation, “that’s me in the corner”, and the feeling of being under the "spotlight" by society is a very symbolic contradiction to life as of now. It’s a hard thing to explain but you can feel isolated and under the spotlight at the exact same time. It’s a horrible feeling to have but unfortunately it happens from time to time.

You , I and other like us all in our own way feel it along the course of one's life. It is something you go through, dat's life. No matter what the situation is everyone feels like they are in fact "losing their religion" at one point or another. Weather in life, relationships, I know I have felt like I have lost my way sometimes…as if I didn’t know who I was. It does happen to everyone and the reason why I think the song is so great…it makes you think…what would you do if you lost your way?....

This is how the song relates to me and how it makes me feel. I realize it is something different for each individual. I do know that these lyrics really get to me, their lyrics makes you realize your not the only one “losing your religion”…like I said before it is something everyone experiences at least once in their life…betetr stop here

No comments: