Guess the earlier meds did not word. Got a pain killer jab and switch to new medication with its own side effect. I love it when the side effects of the medication outweigh the strengths of the medicine lol
How does it work?
Arcoxia tablets contain the active ingredient etoricoxib, which is a type of medicine known as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). This means that it stops the production of inflammatory prostaglandins, without stopping the production of prostaglandins that protect the stomach and intestines. It therefore reduces pain and inflammation, but is less likely than traditional NSAIDs to cause side effects on the stomach and intestines (although such side effects are still possible).
This medicine can be taken with or without food, but may start to work quicker if taken without food.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
* Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence or abdominal pain
* Excessive fluid retention in the body tissues, resulting in swelling (oedema)
* High blood pressure (hypertension)
* Weakness or loss of strength (asthenia)
* Cold or flu-like symptoms
* Skin reactions such as rash and itch
* Blurred vision
* Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
* Muscle cramps
* Weight gain
* Nosebleeds (epistaxis)
* Shortness of breath (dyspnoea)
* Chest pain
* Heart attack or stroke
* Ulceration or bleeding of the stomach or intestine
* Liver or kidney disorders